Monday, September 12, 2011

Nature

It becomes more and more apparent to me over time that I keep finding myself in various ways and places. Instinct mixed with insight usually leads me there. There's a balance between following your own path and then letting that path take you where you are meant to go. It's knowing that you're heading home and only knowing the direction you need to take to get there -not worrying about what specific roads to take.

I found myself again today by finding myself in others. I typed in "nature tumblrs" on Google hoping to find some more tumblrs to follow to get more great nature pics. There were two I liked the most: One actually had several pictures of jaguars on it as well as other animals and some serious glory shots of panoramic views. The other had the back ground of Doe looking forward. It was a whack over he head of the obvious. The Doe sight also featured the color blue, orca whales, nature shots, and a snow leopard. The freakiest part is this site does what I do with photos: Find photos that are similar and transition to other photos that are similar. It's the site of a Pisces if I've ever seen one.

Nature shots can be nice to look at -amusing for a moment. But the ones I like the most are the ones that transport me back to a nostalgic moment in time when I was in nature feeling a certain way because of the weather, the colors, the scents, and the environment I was surrounded in. I come alive outside.






7 comments:

  1. What are you trying to win? And what are your views on ghosts, we need to address our beliefs on this subject. I at least want to know what you believe and why. Also, we should probably mention demons since they tend to go hand in hand with the topic and are often confused with ghosts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "For the win" is simply a figure of speech...like, "It's cool" or "I like this best".

    As for ghosts...I took a pause in my thoughts to reply to this, then went back and finished the other post. I'm tricky like that. =)

    12

    ReplyDelete
  3. Honestly, the only time I've ever heard of demons being confused with ghosts is in Paranormal Activity. There has always been an extremely clear distinction between the two, and I've never heard of anybody confusing the two. They have zero in common, except both supposedly being spiritual.

    A popular belief is that demons are fallen angels. Seems to make sense...God has his angels and Satan has his demons...and the movie "Angels and Demons" supports the popular notion that the two sides are opposite mirror reflections of the other.

    Angels are seen as being extremely beautiful, while demons are often viewed as hunched and ugly and nasty with long teeth, etc.

    But a full and complete study of the Bible, without historical fantasy intervention, shows something different.

    Angels aren't always gorgeous. They can look monstrous and nasty.

    Fallen angels aren't demons. They are fallen angels. They don't somehow have their nature changed and become something else (nothing changes the nature that it is born with...absolutely nothing). That's why fallen, evil angels can still be very beautiful and therefore super deceptive. The Bible hints on Satan is the most beautiful angel ever.

    As for what exactly a demon is, it's unclear in the Bible, honestly. They might be pieces of Satan himself, his evil thoughts personified. They may be something Satan created to help him in his rebellious acts, as God made angels.

    In the Bible, they would speak and make people do stupid things by possessing them, but once they were told to leave in the name of Jesus, they left without issue (very different than what is often shown in Hollywood and other documentaries, where demons are unstoppable, rude, bad mouthed, etc).

    12

    ReplyDelete