Saturday, September 10, 2011

golden image/honesty/spirit

Apparently this is the theme for the week. I'm mooching off my friend's speech ideas to write a blog. Whatever works.

Golden Image

Yah, don't know what that is. I only have one important thing to discuss that I came up with as a topic, so I'm going to insert it here. I'll call it: Guided. God likes me. Or the Universe likes me... Or the Godiverse... Whatever you want to call it -Higher/Spiritual/Divine force. Anyway, it likes me. I'm pretty sure it's God because the "universe" is just a vast cosmos of energy that you can put thoughts and dreams into -it's complicated. God on the other hand, is more personal if you let him into your life. I essentially said, "God, I suck at this whole life thing. I'm handing my self over. Hopefully you'll know what to do with me." And then God started making His "presence" known.

This is hard to explain in a credible -not-so-out-there way. But every once in a while in life, I'll wind up somewhere and wonder, Is this where I'm suppose to be? I swear on my life, almost every time this happens God will show a "sign" that's been pretty consistent throughout the years. A song will play-either on the radio or overhead on store speakers. The sing will be either the Goo Goo Dolls, Keane, or Jason Mraz. Those are my bands and with the exception of Jason, most of their songs rarely if ever get played on the radio.

Today it was Mraz. I had been torn when I was called last minute for a temp job working at the Mountain View Art and Wine Festival confirming orders in a booth. The problem was I had a 10am-12:30pm Orientation/Training with the new financial company. The temp job was at 1:00pm-6pm. I hestitated to say "yes" to the temp request -it was last minute and they were kind of desperate. But it was the fact tha it was an Art festival that tipped me off that I should go. I normally just do receptionist work. What are the odds that I would randomly be called up to work a food booth at an Art festival???  I figured it was a god way to see art and get paid money for work. Plus I had a weird sense that I was suppose to be there. Orientation was in Milpitas, and Mountain View is about an hour away from there. I planned on leaving at 12 noon. I got out of orientation at 1pm. Sh*t!

I gunned out of there as soon as it was over and it took me an hour to get to the festival. At 2:15pm I showed up at the central booth and the coordinator ws elsewhere. I waited for her to show up, then she grabbed me and 2 guys with the proper logo shirts on (I just had on a green shirt, they didn't have time to give me the logo shirt) and I was taken over to a booth to work a shift for an hour while the guy there took a break. It was easy.

Nobody notice I was late. It was a crammed, busy festival and there were various booths throughout the streets that needed to be filled by hired temps. After my 1 hour shift was over, the coordinator -Kenia- asked me to help out by going around to each booth and telling the workers there to stay until someone came around to releave them of their last shift at 6pm. When I was done it was 5:30pm. My shift was alomst over. I wasplugged into another booth to essentially babysit it until 6pm when someone came around to say it was ok to go.

As I was leaving Kenia told me, "Thank you so much for helping out." I said, "No problem, see you tomorrow." Show up late-get handed a special task since everyone else is doing normal shifts- get entrusted more and actually thanked. Sweet. As I walked to my car the Jason Mraz song came on someones random radio. Sweet. I knew God wanted me to be there.

Honesty

Immediate thoughts that come to mind on this topic: It's always the best policy. Unless your a Sagittarius because they don't do honesty right. Honesty isn't suppose to be hurtful. I'm a Pisces -we're great at being honest because we suck at being liars. Truth. Stupid guilt Always gets in the way. You can read us that well. I can be stealthy when playing cards though. Everyone assumes I'm being honest during games like BS... but no. In that game you're suppose to lie about having certain cards, otherwise you lose.

For me it sucks when I get lied to -and it has happened many times before. One time I was actually aware that I was being lied to as I was being lied to. Awkward.

I just don't like the word Deception. There are some people who deceive others on perfect to get what they want, but it just seems so f*d up. People weren't put on this earth so you can twist them around to get what you want from them. They aren't a means to an end -they are an end in themselves. I pity people who can't see that. Like my friend Ken. He wants customers, but he sees them as walking dollar signs. It bugs the crap out of me. Lies and deception prevent you from seeing others for who they are and having real, honest connections with them. All deceptors have to be the loneliest people on the planet because once it comes time for them to really have someone to be lose to -they'll never trust anyone because they'll think they are just as dishonest.

Spirit

In orientation today, it was me and 6 other new associates. One woman actually mentioned being psychic. 2 people -including her- mentioned going to church. The other 1 of the 2 was a guy who actually asked God to help him find a job that could give him free time to go to church instead of work so he could continue to have  closer relationship to God. He believes this new jobortunity to be his answered prayer.

I thought it was cool. I want more free time to connect with nature (as hippie as it sounds), to work out more, visit more with friends, help more people, speak in front of people more, seek more knowledge and wisdom, and develop further as a soul through spiritual connection to the Godiverse.

But then the SMG who was leading us through the training (which was very similar to the Usana training including this...) mentioned that to be successful, you need to become a successful person/ leader. This involves self-improvement. I was like, Check! Already on the path my friend :) But the religious guy moaned like a kid when who finds out he has to go back to school the next day. I was like, What the hell? You say you're on a religious path led by God so you can achieve greater spiritual growth, but becoming a better person Suckkkkkssss.... Do I have to?????.... Really?

People bug me. You say you want to get better, but you catch a glimpse of the syringe that's going to inject medicine into you and suddenly you would prefer to be on your death bed.

Everything Worth Achieving Is Difficult. Sometimes That's Why It Is Worth Achieving. It's Not Easy. Not Just Anybody Could Do It. It Taks Dedication and Commitment and Perserverence and Not Everyone On This Planet Has Those Because They Aren't Willing To Work For Them.

8 comments:

  1. When I begin to look at all of the people I know through the lens of the zodiac, I see that not many of them fully fit their profile. However, it does seem to me that you are the purest Pisces I've ever met, just as it seems to me (to my chagrin, because I hate being so easily boxed) that I'm extremely Aries. If this is the case, then my job is to inspire and fire. Your job is to be inspired and adapt through figuring things out---like how water ALWAYS finds a way through a barrier eventually. So if my Saturday muses inspire your blogs, then that's meant to be! I like seeing your interpretation of images and statements.

    The golden image --- it is a representation of shiny falsehood. Glimmering deception. Fabulous wastes of time. "All that glitters is not gold", but we find out too late. It's kinda like your want/need thing...the golden image is what we want. The gold itself (as in, not an image, but the real thing) is what we need.

    But as for your thoughts: God is indeed leading you, Jessica. You still glow, as of last time I saw you. It is good to be in the presence of that glow. It is because you have that rarest of trait, as I said: you seek truth. God will always be leading you and blessing you as long as you keep that up. That's why I know, before we both die, we will agree on 99% of things --- if we both keep this truth-seeking attitude.

    My thoughts on honesty involved being completely honest about when we mess up in life. All too often, we like to blame SOMETHING for why we messed up. However, there is a power in saying "I, and only I, messed this up." Once we are honest in this way, a huge burden of guilt is lifted. (You did mention guilt...very good.)

    And uh, I can't imagine you having much of a poker face...LOL. I don't know how to play many card games but I bet I'd be able to see right through you, lol

    My thoughts on Spirit partly have to do with that balance --- of knowing the cold Truth, but also being in touch with the abstract Spirit. We need both sides --- tomorrow I will be focusing more on the power of the abstract side.

    I like your analogy of the syringe and getting better...that's exactly it...getting better may indeed mean going through a little bit of pain (or maybe more than a little bit), but it's worth it. But so many people are afraid of that pain, they never grab the syringe and end up staying underachievers. Most people remain underachievers...a few people step ahead and live their potential.

    12

    ReplyDelete
  2. The golden image. Reminds me of Paris Hilton and Kim Kardashian. Rich, "good looking" -to some, care free, stress free, and happy. None of those things are really true though. That's just an imaginary image people have in their heads.

    Rich? -No. Paris got rich by being born into a rich family and taking advantage of various marketing campaigns involving clothes and perfume. Kim got rich by essentially being a Playboy bunny and placing lots of emphasis on her "life style choices" and image. Rich isn't what people shoul be seeking. Wealth is. Wealth doesn;t just mean you own money -it means you are free and fulfilled in your life as well. These two women are not wealthy.

    "Good looking"? When you place that much emphasis on looking good- what good are you? Wrinkles will come with time andthere are always going to be other beautiful people on this planet to distract others from themselves. Investing in physical appearance is sad. It's like investing on a house built on quicksand.

    Care Free -That's just another word for ignorant. Yah, when you don;t give a damn about the world you tendto be a lot more care free from the lack of burden and pain that comes from knowing others suffer. Way to go.

    Stress Free -Yah right. They have a million things to do in one day. They just make it look like they're not stressed. Trust me, they are.

    Happy? Maybe from time to time, but ultimately No. True happiness comes from achieving a meaningful life. That comes from deep personal insight into who you are and what you seek. These women are lost. They don't know who they are or what they truely seek -they only know that people around them want money and since they hae it they must be well off. But they're not happy. Happiness comes from within -which is why they place so much emphasis on the outside because who they are within is not as appealing, happy, or beautiful as they want people to believe they are. Leading a life this way is sad, so why would you ever assume the people walking down that path are happy?

    ReplyDelete
  3. *hearts*

    Yeah, if you ever wanted to get into ministry, let me know, because you basically put together a nice sermon outline just then. =)

    Lots about life, lots about the things we can't figure out today, lots we're not sure about --- can be figured out by looking at history. History repeats itself over and over. The patterns are always the same.

    You know why I know that what you say above is true? Look at the number of celebrities who end up dead through suicide, who do not have stable marriages, who end up broke/unhappy/forgotten. I don't know why today's celebrities think that their lives will be different without adding a difference to their lives.

    Rich --- the most valuable things in life are free. Maybe hard to get at times...but they cannot be bought.

    (Both Kim and Paris are daughters of influential men in the Hollywood world.)

    Good looking --- while I do believe that we should take care of ourselves, there is, of course a balance. And we should certainly not give an overwhelming amount of importance in our looks.

    Care free --- can't state it better than you did

    Stress free --- I think all people have stress, but not all people of the spiritual discipline to deal with it. I'm pretty sure Kim and Paris aren't leaders in terms of spiritual discipline

    Happiness --- in my opinion, this is linked directly with true wealth. If one has true wealth, one is truly happy. If happiness is based on temporary, material things...then happiness will be temporary and non-constant. I certainly like my material things...but the base of my happiness are on things that will never change, never fade, will always be there through good or bad times, rich or poor times, healthy or unhealthy times.


    12

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's always great when we agree on things. Not like with aliens and witches... Halloween is going to be a challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I celebrate Halloween. *shrug*

    Heck, my church does a big 'ol thing for Halloween.

    *Jessica's mind explodes*

    12

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know you're fine with Halloween. Jeez... My brain did not explode.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So what did you mean about Halloween being a challenge?

    You sure say jeez a lot.


    12

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was joking. I should add the phrase (sarcastic tone) underneath some of the jokes I make.

    ReplyDelete