Sunday, September 11, 2011

Car Troubles and Art Festivals

Why do people keep picking on my car? First I got my CD collection stolen -about 11 CDs. I wasn't actually angry about it though. In fact one of my first thoughts was, Well I hope they enjoy my music. I'm weird. But then today someone pointed out that my Honda emblem on the front of my car was gone. Maybe it fell out... But it was screwed in there so... Leave my car alone people!

Anyways, I arrived on time today for the Art and Wine Festival. Let me explain my job duties: Essentially there is a new App. that can be downloaded on an iPhone or similar device. This App. allows you to order food or drink at a specific location and pay for it right then and there. Then you show up to the place you ordered the food or rink and you skip the lone and just pick up whatever you ordered.

The Festival was sort of like a guinea pig test to see how well it would work. Me and other recruits were hired to fill Beer or Wine booths to guard an iPad where the App. orders would come in. We could not serve alcohol - our only job was to confirm that an order had been paye for by checking the confirmation code on people's devices when they showed up to get there order. Since there wasn't much traffic through this new system most people were unfamiliar with, I pretty much just baby sat the iPad.

I decided that the Godiverse wanted me to be there this second day to learn something I hadn't the first day. So that's what I did while keeping an eye on the iPad. I observed and listened. I also noted things on my cell phone to keep track.

The first thing I noticed were the types of art being presented. I realized it as 90% "Sellable Art" and 10% "Genuine Art". Sellable art is the generic kind you can find at any art fair. It's meant to cater to the public to make a profit. It includes: Pet-related artwork, garden-related artwork, kitchen-related artwork, fairy-related artwork, hippy-related tye-dye clothes or marijuana logos, kids-related artwork like toys or clothes, bead jewelry -at least 50% of the "art tents" there were variations of this, football/Nascar/sports- related artwork, pop artwork, weird sh*t no one would ever buy because it's weird, metal art that no one would ever buy because it's metal art, and large nature-related framed photos that no one ever buys because they are TOO BIG. Oh yah, and random accessories.

Then there were about 4 booths of unique artwork you couldn't find anywhere else. I went into one of these booths at the end of the day. The guy was stuck up so I didn't stay long. What an idiot. It's the end of the day and you haven't sold one piece and your going to be stuck up to a potential customer. Ok then...

So I spent most of my day people watching and noticed some interesting things. 1. A Guitar Tye-Dye shirt. It sounds stupid -but it honestly looked pretty awesome. 2. A guitar-shaped purse. 3. The "Tea Party Patriots" had their own booth set up. Yah... 4. At one point a clone group from the cast of Jersey Shore popped up. Snooki was definitely there in spirit. 5. There was a random person in a fox suite walking around -I don't know why.

When it came to people, there were: Hippies wearing tye-dye, peace signs, "flowy clothes", or long hair. Blonde, tan chicks in high heels, tight black tops, and tight jeans. Old guys wearing Harley and Davidson/ motor wear (although one old guy was just shirtless -greatly appreciated...). "Indian" women dressed in traditional garb. Asian dudes who didn't know how to read a map. Gangsters. Chicks dressed like "ladies of the evening". Little kids running around. People wearing weird-ass clothes that make you wonder how they were physically capable of stepping outside in those outfits. And of course the rich, well-to-do folk who wanted a particular type of wine and if your booth didn't have it they would go ewww, I can't believe you serve that wine, then turn and walk away. 

And after a while I got bored just looking at people. I did try to figure out the possible zodiac signs of a few, and came to a new conclusion: The ones who fit the zodiac signs are obvious. Especially the Aquarians who are known for their "unique wardrobe choices". There were definitely some dad-ringers for Aquarius. But everyone else would probably be oblivious to the concept of the zodiac, let alone know their own sign.

A lot of the people were overweight, tatooed, boozing it up, slutting it up... After awhile it hit me -These are God's children. Each person was put on this earth and has an individual connection to everything in this life including Him. And yet they seem completely oblivious to any of it. Only concerned with the hotdog in their hand. And I kept wondering why.

On the drive home I sort of pieced it all together and came to a greater realization: The People were like the Artwork at the Festival. These are God's Artworks in his own Art Show. You have your generic, not-so-unique, not-so-developed or insightful artwork. And then you ave a few pieces that stand out and represent something greater than just who they are as a person. When I was walking around the festival in between new posts, I recognized certain people distinctly who had come up to my booth. They were different in some way that made them recognizable even in a crowd.

I think God makes every soul individually. But what happens to that soul as far as experiences and personal development is up to the soul itself. People bury it underneath hate, fear, doubt, food, beer, sex, work, clothes, vanity... until you can't really make out the soul at all. People start to look like clones of other people. Generic. But then there are those who strive to be more and strive to do more who stand out. Most others give up and aren't willing to put in the work so they sty in the same place their whole life. I think this life is a chance to evolve and move forward to a higher state. Like climbing a mountain to see a better view. These "generic" people just aren't there yet because they haven't made the decision to start that journey. I guess even if the art is original, the artist himself may not be.

In the Festival there were a few people I would say had some more spiritual wherewithal. They seemed more calm and observant. Respectful of others and themselves. They seemed spiritually conscious. These are God's Monets and DaVincis in the making. People just need to be open to that path and allow themselves to follow it.

4 comments:

  1. Who the heck steals CDs anymore? Today is the age of digital music...fools...

    Bible says that we are all "God's Workmanship"...so your thoughts on all of us being works of are, unique, are right on. The vast majority of people never allow their unique, personal art to be displayed and revealed, their potential colors and levels forever muted in grays and one dimension.

    Saw a bit of Buddhism in your words...

    All in all, that festival sounds like my kind of place. I would have had a blast there. =)


    12

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Most others give up and aren't willing to put in the work so they stay in the same place their whole life. I think this life is a chance to evolve and move forward to a higher state."

    ^^ the Buddhist words

    12

    ReplyDelete
  3. How are those primarily Buddhist words? I'm pretty sure Jesus would have agreed with that statement. I'm pretty sure they're just wise words, not religious words.

    ReplyDelete