Monday, September 26, 2011

One v.s. The Other/ USNA v.s. WFG

I was initially going to continue going to Usana meetings, even though I've been going for the past 3 months since I joined, but today I decided -screw it.

I love the people there and might pop in briefly every once in a while to see them, bu their "business practices" are flawed and it prevents me from wanting to continue being apart of their business culture. I will instead focus my attention and efforts towards WFG, which numerous people have told me is a more practical and beneficial route to go.

It's frustrating because i see good and bad qualities in both companies, and hopefull once I become more successful in both I can bring over the god qualities from one to the other and the other to the one.

Usana's Good Qualities: Welcoming and friendly.
Great presentations and enthusiasm.
Really encouraging and energetic people.
Good power points -at least in the begginning, I don't like the new ones as much.
Members keep each other well informed of events -good communication
Great opening space.

Usana's Poor Qualities: A cult like tendency to call and try to get people to come back.
And then a cold, either your with us or against us, attitude.
A lack of consideration when it comes to other companies that are similar -Talk crap about other companies.
Uprofessional settings for business trainings -partially because the recruites are 18-24 on average in age and don't mind sitting on the floor of someone's house to get training.
The way they talk to us during training is very teacher/student or Adult/ Child.
Training is overly repetitive and does not go into field training.
They make you set unrealistic goals and do not implement them as well as WFG.
They do not teach recruites -like me whose been there for 3 months -how to give a presentatin until they become a Director by selling/recruting enough people.
They do not continuously go into depth about new product information. (Tonight they are planning on working on cutting out images from magazines for things that we want to put on our Dream boards of things in the future we plan to buy after we get rich from the business).
A closed off mentality to anything outside of Usana that may aid in showing a member how to sell their products or network better.
Cult like tendecy to put-down any company or product suggested to be of equal or greater quality to theirs.

WFG Good Qualities: Older people who are more business-oriented and mature who take their jobs seriously and are fully committed to them.
Actual credentials, study materials, books, and on going training to further educate people on financial matters.
Trainings occur at a set location that remains the same.
We have actual chairs to sit in.
The presenters talk to us like adults.
They are far more equipped at handling 1.informing new members of tasks they need to accomplish quickly, 2. telling new members to bring family and friend in who might quation their descission to join so they can see it for themselves, 3. Show and train new members how to invite and give presentations to people who might be interested.

WFG Poor Qualities: Presentations given a the office are weak and they also diss companies -though not in their same field.
Need a bigger guest space for people to mingle in.
Neds to work on group communication and keeping members up to date on events and planning

I feel WFG will take me further than Usana -which I'm pretty sure I'm only going to make profit from after I have enough money to start handing out free samples for people to try and then buy from.

2 comments:

  1. I think the choices and deductions you make here are very wise indeed.

    12

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yah, I'm going to inform WFG of this when I get a higher rank there.

    ReplyDelete