Monday, September 19, 2011

Morning Thoughts 3

God was a trending topic on Twitter the other day. My first thought was, Alright let’s see what jokes people have been making about Him now… But there were none. 90% of the comments went something like this:
Thank you God for letting my eyes open and my heart beat this morning because I know there were others out there who were not as fortunate. Thank you.
It was a random moment of praise to God just for giving people life and letting them live it. I thought, Oh my God, This is it. The moment people become grateful for having air to breathe. People take life for granted so often, but today they acknowledge and genuinely appreciate the miracle of living on this Earth. It was amazing. But it only lasted an hour before people went back to texting about baseball.
I think the most amazing part about God trending on Twitter was the fact that it wasn’t prompted by anything. A celebrity didn’t start it. An event didn’t start it. Twitter itself didn’t start it. The texts just randomly occurred at the same time.
10:16am September 19, 2011

1 comment:

  1. Occasionally something religious will pop up on twitter, and I never look at the tweets for the exact fear that you mentioned. But I must say...unusual that God wasn't teased but glorified.


    12

    ReplyDelete