Saturday, July 9, 2011

Live the Usana Dream

I feel great again. There were some sh*ty days there for a little while (pretty much since last Friday). I was momentarily uplifted on Thursday and the next day someone popped my bubble and I’ve been sagging around ever since. But today I found the happy J
I actually started off my morning at 5:30, grumbling out of bed. I was mopey and I knew it would show when I went to Saturday training. You have to get dressed up when you go, so it felt like I was getting ready to go to church. Since this was my first Saturday I didn’t know whether it would be fun- which everyone said it was- or boring. It started off with mingling for about 2 hours, which was good in that I met some new people, but mostly crappy in that I was mopey the whole time and can’t really hide my feelings that well. A fake smile will only take you so far -without the enthusiasm behind it, you don’t have much.
Then we got sorted into our seats facing the front of the hotel conference room. After people started giving speeches, everything changed-in me. It lasted about 4 hours and gave me everything back that I had lost since last Thursday. I saw a girl who was even shyer than me be brought up by a speaker and asked questions in front of everyone. Normally it would seem like a horrifying experience, but everyone cheered for her-with genuine enthusiasm and support- and I saw this girl open up right on front of me and speak from the heart. It was moving.
I have learned more in the last week about “work” and “jobs” and “success” than I have over the past year since I graduated college. This isn’t a company- it’s a family. We build each other up to reach our greatest potential by recognizing our innate strengths and sharing them with others. I feel uplifted again. I saw a guy’s eyes tear up when he was given applauded for advancing to the position of Director. He was so humbled and grateful for the support- something we believe we get from family and friends, but rarely ever experience firsthand. It was beautiful. I can’t wait for the day when I’m up there. I’ve learned so much and there’s so much I want to share and give back now.

No comments:

Post a Comment