Saturday, July 16, 2011

The Light Dawned on Me


Wellz, here is a photo of my sister and I at Rio Del Mar last Sunday (don't stalk us). You may notice that we oddly appear to be the same height. This is because I'm standing in my own tide pool I created after letting the waves sink the sand beneath my feet. The next day my foot swelled up like a balloon (you may recall an earlier blog about this...)




These pics were take 5 minutes ago. Oh, it's sad. The Iron Man stickers are actually covering up bubble blisters that grew a couple days after the swelling when my foot decided it wanted to make its own version of bubble gum.

I also have unfulfilled chores I need to do: laundry, getting Zoloft medication because going more than 2 days without it Insane and causes depression and severe disorientation, signing the back of my artwork -I'm meeting with that art guy tomorrow who says my friends and I can have are artwork in a show in December, fixing my foot...

The Roller Coaster Theorem is in full effect. Despite the fact I've been working as a receptionist for the past 3 days -sitting by a phone that occasionally rings- I've managed to accomplish a lot. Artwork wise, I've made some really good ink art -including a Koi Fish I'm rather proud of. I've also done a lot of research on nutritional supplement and Usana.

I found out some not-so-happy facts about Usana, which I'm currently working for. Nothing to do with their products, which I still conclude are top-notch. Mostly to do with their business structure. Wikipedia told me that there's still only a small portion of the company who makes good $$$. They usually do this by recruiting the hell out of people. And it is upsetting to me that in our training meetings, most of the advice is geared more towards convincing others to join Usana than convincing people to buy its products. It feels less like sales and more like recruiting. Wiki also told me that "As of January 2009, USANA had 198,000 active Associates and 71,000 preferred customers". Dangz. Why do we have more people working for the company than more people buying from the company. I know recruiting new members in is a guarantee they'll continue buying the products (you have to to continue earning commission), but the only reason they're in the company in the first place is because of the high product quality and amazing results they produce in people's health.

I'm not going to focus on recruiting. There's enough people in our group -and for me they are also competition on some level. If people I know honestly want to join my company-awesome. But I'm not going out of my way to try and convince people who aren't interested in this line of work to join my team. I'll just focus on getting the word out on the products -which are greatmazing.

I love their protein bars (they call them "nutrition bars" but they mostly have protein so that's what I'm calling them). I hate peanut butter and Reese's pieces, but for some reason their chocolate peanut butter protein bars are fantasticly tasty.

I also like Rev3 Energy Drinks. I actually need to stock up on some more. I hate coffee- I always have to put mocha or chocolate in it to make it taste good. Then I end up feeling guilty about all the unhealthy rap I'm putting into my system just to stay awake. Other energy drinks (Yah I'm looking at you Monster and Red Bull) taste like crap and are just as jam-packed with unhealthy substances. Rev3 tastes fruity, has no crash-effects to suffer from when it wears out, burns fat into energy, has no artificial crap, and gives me an instant boost of energy -woot!

Sense skin care. It's like ProActiv, but better in my opinion. ProActiv didn't work this quickly. Their products also felt kind of oily on some level. Sense has been working great, and I actually put some of the cream on my leg which, as you can see from the above photos, is having some severe skin issues. The skin on the sun burnt portion of my leg actually started peeling -which sounds bad, but my face has been peeling and my arms have been peeling from their burns so it's actually a good thing. My leg an foot also feel a lot softer than they did before -not as much like a desert landscape.

HealthPak nutritional supplements. I've only been taking them in the morning -it's supposed to be AM/PM. Whoops. So besides the fact that my urine, which sounds gross I know, is now a clearer bright yellow color -I haven't really felt much of a difference yet.

Nutrimeal Shakes. Do Not make the mistake I did and only eat nutrimeal shakes without actual food. You still need to eat food. Having said that, their chocolate shakes are gooda (make sure the water temp you mix them with is cold).

That's pretty much all I've tried so far. Need to get started on that fish oil stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment