Friday, July 1, 2011

The Daze of Days Before True Health

Holy sh8t people!!!! I’m awake! Not just conscious. Not just breathing. AWAKE!!!
I hopped over to my computer-literally hopped with excitement. I got up at 6 this morning after going to bed at 12pm. 6AM! I could have slept in ‘til 8, but I couldn’t because I was too AWAKE!
I feel this is a historic moment for me.  Take note. I am currently 23 living on my own in a small one bedroom apartment. I’m a mopey Pisces who spends most of her time drawing, watching re-runs of Boston Legal and working part-time either assembling displays or as a temp receptionist. When I’m not doing those things I’m listening to music and daydreaming far more than I know I should because it’s easier to daydream a better life than to actually go out of your way to have one. My life is sad right now, I’ll admit it. But today I’m awake. It makes me want to cry.
Last night I my sister took me to a group meeting with a company she now works for called USANA (in Latin it means “True Health”. The company sells energy bars, nutritional supplements, and other things. As it turns out people are being screwed over these days because the pollutants and toxins we expose ourselves to are invisible and we eat mechanically processed food distributed to masses of people and we then sell tablets of nutrition to make up for the lack of nutrients in the food we consume and those tablets don’t contain as much nutrients they claim to because they are also produced by large companies who are more interested in profit than spending money to ensure their products actually have what they claim t in them . . . But USANA- and you can look this sh8t up actually does. It has been proven to have 96% of the nutrients it claims to in its supplements. Centrum, One a Day, Kirkland and other name-brand products are full of crap –literally. They only contain about 5% of what they claim to. And why shouldn’t they?People blindly trust brands they’ve heard of and don’t fact check and settle for overpriced things that give less.
Products aside though, the people in the company are entirely friend of a friend based. They invite people in, let them make their decision about the products, and then let them by and sell their products. It’s like franchising, but it’s available to anyone. I now have a full-time job working with people who want to help me change and grow as a person –in part so I can sell the product, but also because they want people to be healthy AND happy. They breed positivity. How many companies call you a “family member” immediately after you join and take you around to meet everyone there who also greets you as a “family member”. It sounds like a cult. A very happy, positive, inclusive cult. You get as much as you put in and you can leave at any time.
I love my life right now. I love this day. I want everyone I care about to know about this product. The best way to prevent diseases is to take care of your body to make it less prone to getting them. Cells Need Nutrients to do that. It’s their best defense. USANA makes sure your body runs on a balanced set of nutrients that helps your system sustain itself. I don’t want cancer. I don’t want to suffer from frail, brittle bones when I get old. I don’t want to lose my vision or my hearing. I don’t want to be weak. Keeping my body strong and well regulated is the best way to ensure that I have the best shot at that possible.
I feel Alive. I feel AWAKE. I want other people to feel this too. I want to cry. So many wasted days of daze. I hate the pile of mush my life has become waiting around to be molded into something worth appreciating.  I want to cry. I finally feel strong and energetic to actually want to achieve something greater than myself. I want to cry. I want to LIVE.

No comments:

Post a Comment