Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Edit Edit Undo Redo

So last night I had a meeting and we were asked to make a list or plan for our Vision. I was like, crap, I just got done with my list for the future... Which actually needs to be Amended

1st Amendment: Alex says I need to get a PS3, and I said only if they have the game Echo the Dolphin. He said he'd do research... So this Amendment is pending.

I also regretted the fact that my future goals were mostly monitary-related things. It was until my distant future came in sight that I started listing actual dreams instead of things I wanted to buy. So having realized this, I now give you my Future Vision:

I want to help people. I thrive off being uplifted and I want to inspire and uplift others -especially those who are struggling in ways I once did.

It's the hardest thing for me to have such an innate sense of imagination. On the one hand, it can help me escape from reality when things get boring, frustrating, or depressing. On the other hand, it also brings me closer to things I haven't experienced in my life that I know others are dealing with in theirs by putting me directly in those shoes. If you really want to care about someone else's struggles, visualize yourself with them.

You can say there are starving children in Africa, but you can't Feel their struggle at this moment, so it just remains a distant concept you acknowledge and forget. I want to remind people of their innate sense of compassion. It's humility that connects us to our humanity that connects us to everyone. When you are connected to people, you never feel alone. Most of the pain we suffer in this life is caused by other people. If we all cared for those around us, no one would ever feel unloved, worthless, or neglected. I want to bring people together. Only then can we enjoy this life together - instead of a few people enjoying themselves while the rest are left out in the cold.

I want to use my creativity and imagination to help others visualize these truths. When it's right there staring directly at you, you may try to shove it out or ignore it, but the Truth haunts you. You can't escape it. I don't want people to be afraid of the pain others have, I want that acknowledgement to motivate them to End that Pain. We all have the power to do it if we pull together. One person can Never achieve anything on their own. Everyone can achieve Anything if they work together towards a common goal.

This is my vision for myself and others: To achieve whatever goals we set out of compassion to help others, by uplifting each other to attain those dreams.

It sounds corny, but if you're going to have a Vision it needs to be inclusive, vast, and seemingly unattainable. If it was too simple and easy, it wouldn't be something greater than yourself that is worth striving for.

1 comment: