Monday, July 25, 2011

List of Future Things

Someone asked me yesterday, "Where do you see yourself in 5 years?" I've been asked this question before, and the follow up of "Where do you see yourself in 10 years?"

I hate this question. I'm a Pisces dang it. We look to our past to help guide us towards our future. Hence the name: Looking Back Toward the Future. I don't know where I'm going to be in 5 years. Heck, I don't know who I'm going to be in 5 years. I've done more growth this past year than I have on the previous 4 years, so I know time doesn't dictate where you go or how you change, experiences do. And who can say how much they will or won't experience in 5 years, let alone what kind of experiences those will be.

I do have goals though. If that's what someone is asking me, "What are your future dreams of achievement, or what do you aspire for, then Yah I've actually got a list of things I plan on striving for.

I call the "List of Future Things". In Usana they actually tell you to make one because they know if you don't have a target, you'll just end up spinning your wheels in circles. I made up my list on my own before I found out we were suppose to make one. I know people don't like me talking about Usana, and I feel guilty about it sometimes, But here's Truth: Before I joined Usana my goals were this: Make enough money to pay rent. My gals went no further than that because I figured that would be my main struggle and no other achievements could be made besides that. After I joined Usana:

Immidiate Goals:
Buy Augustana and Maroon 5's new CDs.
Buy a VCR
Buy an Xbox
Sell Artwork

More Distant Future Goals:
Get a Tattoo (Pisces Yin Yang)
Get a GPS
New Laptop
Adobe CS5 Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign

Further Distance Goals:
New-ish Used Car (I don't need a ferrari)
Lasik Eye Surgery (Hasta glasses)
Make "Propogandart" (Art concept where I Photoshop images and text that immidiately hit home with people to make them donate or support various charities and causes)
Create Bumper Stickers from art designs I made (Bumpart Stickers)
Get a New Home (It will still be an apartment. Screw U Mortgage)

Future Goals:
Make my own Usana Charity that donates it's health products to people in need who can't afford them.
Make a Usana Scholarship to help give money to people who would do very well in the business, but can't afford to get in since it's kind of a "pay to play" business initially.
Create Art :)
Travel
Possibly become a public speaker
All Art Sold Goes to Charities and Causes

So those are my goalios. I don't know if they will take 5 years, 10 years, or 15 months. But those are the things I aspire to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment