Thursday, July 21, 2011

Good News

I went to the doctors today to check out my foot. We don't have to amputate it!!! :0

He looked at it and said, well it looks like it was infected at some point, but it's at end of the healing cycle, and it's not hot so the infection is mostly gone now. As for the sun burn, Stay out of the sun and use lots of sun screen for the next year because the sun-protecting cells have been severely diminished.

Alright this next part in the doctor's visit was a little weird... My doctor is creepy, but he means well. He's married and I trust him, but his bedside manner sucks so... He's creepy. He does 2 things that bug me.

1. He sees hundreds of patients so to him the human body is more of a thing -like a car if it gets broken. You wouldn't hesitate to say, Well the engine needs to be replaced, because it's a car. But when it's a person, with feelings, you need to go a little easier on the diagnosing portion of things. Telling someone they have cancer is Not the same as telling someone they have an ear infection. (No I don;t have cancer, just making a point).

2. He's creepy. Just the vibe. He's nice. But he's creepy. Very out of touch socially.

After he diagnosed my foot he asked me to lie down on my back. He then said I'm going to check your lymph nodes because after your foot gets an infection, that's where the infection runs off to. He then placed his hand down my pants on my left pelvic area and starting pressing around there -See, can you feel the lymph nodes, there's some bumps here. Then he checked the right side of my pelvic area. He said, Yah these lymph nodes have bumps too.

He meant no harm by it, but really? Was that necessary? It seems like he did it just to prove a point or state a fact. specially after he made me place my hand on the lymph node as he said, Feel here. You can feel the bumps. Not necessary. I'm just here for my foot.


Warning the Following Images are Graphic-ish:







Oh yah, and I still need to clean my apartment...

No comments:

Post a Comment