Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Complete 180

I need to start categorizing these blog posts -or hashtagging things. Categories would include:

-Spiritual/Religious 
-Zodiac Facts
-Yoga Experiences
-Ghost Activity 
-Thoughts on Society 

This one falls under the yoga/ghost category. Which is weird because normally you wouldn't think ghosts and yoga have anything in common or correlate in anyway. 

Last night I was feeling kind of apprehensive about going to yoga class. It's like being back at school again. I'm worried I'll show up late, I won't get a spot, and none of the other kids are going to like me. Everyone's going to look at me like I'm an idiot who doesn't know what she's doing. So there were 2 split seconds where my mind told me, Don't go. Don't do it! Stay in bed. Go to sleep. Avoid yoga. But then I reminded myself: This is GENTLE yoga. It's just sitting on a mat in weird poses while you focus on BREATHING. It's as easy as it gets. Infants can handle this kind of yoga. You just show up, sit down, and breathe. 

So I went anyway knowing I would benefit from "easy exercise". And I didn't know if my sister was going to show up or not. She has a tendency to flake out on the last minute sometimes so my game plan was to go there, save a spot for her, and let the chips fall where they may. I thought that I was bringing her along as a safety net to hold me accountable to going and make me feel less alone there, but honestly I could just as easily go without her. But she was there first waiting for me! And thusly we proceeded to do yoga. 

There are some poses I have gotten REALLY good at. 

Like child's pose for example.


And Savasana (aka corpse pose)


And Bitilasana (cow pose)


And for some reason the feet-to-feet hip-widening pose has gotten easier too. Maybe because it also involves laying down on the ground. 

But then there are some poses... that are not as easy for me.



May this pose burn in Hell for all eternity... 

Most of my time in yoga was therefore spent praying to God, Jesus Christ, The Father, The Son, The Holy Spirit, and My Guardian Angels may they protect my body and help support it through this awful position of contortion. 

Normally when I connect to God I do get more "grounded" and stabilized physically for some reason. I found that when I was able to connect I did feel more supported in the pose and in some cases that involved reaching hands upwards I actually felt tethered from above.

We also begin and end with a pseudo meditation which also helps get your mind refocused and clear. When I went home afterwards I did my usual 2 minute connection to God -asking Him and my guardian angels to watch over me at night and keep any foreign entities from disturbing me while I sleep. I also decided to address the entity itself since it has been harder to ignore these days anyway. I told it in a calm, straight forward way not to bother me while I slept and stay out of my room. I told the ghost it was ok to roam the rest of my apartment, but leave me alone.

And last night I slept straight through. Woke up once at 3am after having a bad dream and then went back to sleep. It was awesome!!! I can't tell whether God kept the ghost at bay or my request made it reconsider its actions but either way it worked. Hallelujah.

No comments:

Post a Comment