Sunday, December 18, 2011

Financial Blue Print

According to a wealthy guy I heard on a CD Ayu played in the car on the way to Wealthbowl,

We have something called a Financial Blue Print. This is the basic foundation on which we make conclusions about money and the way we relate to it.

For instance, if you are raised in a household that says that money is evil and rich people are corrupt -odds are you will feel guilty if you become rich and will subconsciously sabotage attempts to get wealthy.

In order for people to rewrite their financial blue print, they need to acknowledge their current blue print, what caused it, and what blue print to replace it with.

To do this, you have to ask yourself:

1. What did you hear about finances when you were younger?

My parents didn't really talk much about money. It wasn't until I was older -maybe young teens- that the money issue came up more often.

I got an allowance of $2 a week at my mom's house. My dad didn't give an allowance -he just said if we ever wanted something he would buy it for us. My dad was wealthier than my mom, and I could see that clearly from a young age -though it became more apparent later on.

My mom told us we had to save our money, we had to pay for things we broke, we had to work to get money, and we had to work all day for it.

My dad never talked much about money -though occasionally he said we didn't have enough to get stuff. It wasn' until I was much older that he started informing me about finances and I had an account opened in my name.

2. What was your model for finances when you were younger?

My Grandma (dad's mom) was the richest person I knew. She inherited her money and grew up rich. My mom worked as a secretary at a car dealership. She and my dad -who is an engineer- were always arguing over divorce/childcare money. I forget what it's called. Anyways, most of my family and friends were middle-class.

3. What were your experiences with finances when you were young?

Well, I would ask for stuff and my mom usually said, "No, it's too expensive" or "No, I'm not buying that". Dad on the other hand rarely if ever said No. Dad always came through.

I usually had around $20 on hand that I would save to buy a DVD or CD. I never saved for long-term things until I was 18. I avoided getting a job until then too, and it was only because my mom made me.

My mom would tell me rich people were conceited and greedy. But growing up with my dad -I learned that most rich people were nice, they just made more money. I still had hidden resentments towards rich people I didn't know though.

What are your thoughts towards wealth? Are you committed to achieving it? (The more committed you are, the more you will make).

Wealth bothers me because in my mind it is a necessary evil. It's the green light you need to pass go and do the things you really want to do in life. It's a pass to get people off your back. It's not something you would ever strive for in itself. It's a vehicle to gt where you want to go -or at least to buy the car that will take you there.

I think money is superficial and stupid and I hate having to focus on stupid material issues in a physical world when I'd rather focus on ideals, education, and Spirituality. But maybe if I get wealthy I can do this.

I'll get money, but I'm not happy about it.

How wealthy do you see yourself becoming?

It's hard to imagine myself making $10,000 a month. Even harder to see $50,000 a month. Impossible to see $200,000 a month. But we'll see how things go...

Well that was fun. I'm mentally broke-minded. But I was thinking about it, and one of the wealthiest people I know is my step-mom. She worked at Cisco and now works at HP. But she was a house-wife to start. Then her husband died and she had to work to support herself and her two sons. Now she lives in Los Gatos in a nice house in the mountains. She drives a Lexus and spends a lot on Jewelry, purses, and clothes from Nordstroms. But she's always bitching about money. It's annoying. And her sons are working multiple full-time jobs and still coming up with next-to-nothing. One son recently moved back into the house with her, my dad, and my sister Emily. Welcome to 2011.

I guess all that has shown me is that Fire Signs (like my step-mom the Sagittarius) have an easier time hitting their goals. They're resilient like that... but then they spend their money on stupid crap instead of investing in the only thing that really counts for anything -their Soul.

2 comments:

  1. "Wealth bothers me because in my mind it is a necessary evil" --- like sex, power, guns, etc...the object itself is not evil. It's how it used/practiced.


    12

    ReplyDelete
  2. "a necessary evil" is just a phrase used to mean: something you don't want to have to deal with, but do.

    ReplyDelete