Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Prompts 1s

I will use what little brain power is left of this night after 2 long days of counting inventory to answer this prompt I was prompted to answer.

If I were Shawshanked (a.k.a. arrested after being framed by someone for a crime I did not commit and am then thrown in prison) what would I do?

First off I've learned that I'm not very good at handling when people accuse me of things I didn't do. An overwhelming sense of injustice and pain crash over me like a wave from behind. I feel deeply emotionally hurt after even the slightest accusation that I am innocent of. I think it's because when someone accuses me of something I didn't do, they are calling me a liar or actually think I'm capable of doing a wrong I would never have done. It's like someone saying they don't trust me. It hurts.

So the emotional trauma and being physically imprisoned and separated from my family would leave me in a dark, sinking state for at least a week or two. During said time, I would pass my hours daydreaming -the only way I can think to escape the unpleasant reality I do not wish to be apart of. I will do whatever jobs they give me, and keep mostly to myself -making only few acquaintances and talking little.

Overtime, as I became more and more aware that this is my fate for the net couple months or years, I would begin to accept it and start trying to see the bright side as I often do when handed stupid, gross lemons. I would tell myself things like, "God wants me t be here for some reason." And, "I can't control anything that's going on here, so I'll just focus on the things I CAN do rather than the things I Can't. For instances I would try finding ways to draw or do artwork. during free time I would maybe try exercising more -maybe try yoga if I'm feeling especially inspired. When in my cell, I would work on uplifting myself spiritually or growing spiritually though "physical" means such as meditation and other related practices. I would read like there was no tomorrow. Finally, no TV or Internet to distract me from books. I would devour them.

Knowing me I would also look around and try figuring out people's Signs, Personalities, Vices/Virtues, Goals in life, and reasons for being in prison. I'm observant like that. I'm easily amused and don't get bored easily, so I would start to relax more and get a routine down. I might try reflecting on things more, when cooped up. I would breathe when I was outside. Walls would actually be the most depressing and upsetting part of being in prison. Spiritual people need more space. We tend to connect more to the environment and when we are kept apart from it, our spirits are weaker and more mopey.

I might try talking to God more -not out loud because I still want to maintain my sanity - but definitely internally. I would keep Him in mind so I wouldn't feel so alone and I could continuously remind myself how insignificant this physical realm and the problems we can face in it are to the Divine and God Himself.

Maybe overtime through my acts and others observing my nature they would eventually learn the Truth about me on their own without me having to claim my innocence. Maybe I could even try to help people in there. But it's hard to say.

1 comment:

  1. Interesting...and very similar to what my process would be...


    12

    ReplyDelete