Thursday, December 22, 2011

AIDA

I'm pretty sure this stands for something different in "real life", but I'm going to use it to establish a concept people can apply to rewriting their character and habits.

I'm going to use being lazy as an example to apply the concepts of AIDA to.

1. Acknowledge.
Acknowledge when you are putting off a desired Habit or trait and maintaining your pre-established undesired habit.
Example: Well I could take out the trash... but I can just do it tomorrow.

2. Identify.
Identify when you are engaging in an activity that you wish to change.
Example: Putting the trash off until tomorrow is what I did yesterday and the day before. At this rate my house will become a garbage dump.

3. Dissassociate.
Remove the concept of the bad habit from outside yourself and recognize it as something you can control and change.
Example: I really should stop procrastinating and do more -starting with taking out the trash. I will become more of a Doer and less of a Procrastinator.

4. Act to Change
Act on the new habit you wish to replace the old one with.
Example: I am now taking out the trash. Yay.

Using AIDA will aida you in achieving better habits-character-personality-actions-life.

No comments:

Post a Comment