Friday, January 6, 2012

Resolutions for my Biz

It's interesting, my dad's work keeps asking me to spend more time there doing different side projects -some with graphic design, some with mailing packages, and some with programming boards. At the same time I really want to start going on more appointments. But I keep talking myself out of it due to fear. I just need to keep thinking: This is about building a Clientel like my sister does as a hairdresser. Just go to people you think wold be good clients and offer them your services.

I also plan to do more specific things for my business.

1. Listen to Audio tapes by successful people
2. Bug companies that haven't appointed me to them yet.
3. Call companies up to ask good question that may come up eventually -like where do clients send their checks if they have a retirement account set up with one of the new companies? How often do they pay? Will the company send a bill? Some of these questions I have for myself because I signed up for a GIUL, but haven't been approved yet.
4. Check out new WFG logo.
5. Order TransAmerica biz cards (later in life)
6. Get Securities License (I wrote this before they told me it would cost $900 to get licensed. That will also be done later in life).
7. Use mental focus as a strength not a weakness -worry less, use knowledge as power
8. March 17th, Saturday, Morgan Hill, Company Retreat/ Training
9. Adopt the ToastMasters policy of Evaluating a speaker into the biz, only make it Evaluate a Leader each week.
10. Act like an Underwriter and pre-assess if a client is a good fit
11. Go on WFG online more
12. Get free gift cards and work-related accessories from WRL.com
13. Do at least 1 appointment a week.
14. Decorate Ayu's new office. Pictures, excessive accessories I own and don't need: All will be donated to the Decoration Fund.
15. Make sure to update clients on where they stand with getting an account, and gaining income in it -follow up.

As it turns out it is hard as helk to get a Life Insurance Policy these days. A woman lost 35 pounds in 3 months and was therefore Declined. A 24 year old who had 2 past DUIs was declined. They say if you are in your 40s and you smoked when you were 20 for a year, you probably won't be eligible. No one overweight and no one who smokes gets in. So... I'm kind of worried because they asked if I was on Medication and called up to ask about my "disorder" I said I had Social Anxiety Disorder and they asked me if I had ever contemplated suicide. I said, "Yah once when I was a Freshman in high school about 10 years ago." Are they seriously going to decline me because of that? I haven't heard back from them, and if you don't qualify they send you your money back. So either I better be getting my $100 back, or they better call or write me to welcome me to the wonderful world of Indexed Universal Life insurance...

No comments:

Post a Comment