Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Conversation with Dad and Em

Went out to eat lunch today with my dad and my sister Emily.

My dad is a Libra who lacks self-confidence (has Pisces tendencies) and has a sister (my Aunt Carol) who he is close to who is spiritual, and has a brother (Uncle Brad) who is an Aquarian.

We were sitting at a diner table and dad looks at me and asks me how I'm liking Nancy's book. I immediately draw the line of connections in my brain: Nancy is friends with Kari who is married to dad which is how he fund out about her book. I tell him I like the book, but it's my kind of thing so I would. He was curious about it and wanted to know more. I found this odd.

Nancy's book is about her experiences after her father and mother passed away, which included communicating with her mom's spirit and also included Silvia (Nancy's psychic mother-in-law) discussing her views on the afterlife. My dad said, "Yah I heard Silvia use to have the gift but then she lost it".

Pretty close. Silvia got cocky. She had genuine spiritual gifts and could communicate with others who had passed away, but then she let that get to her head and started focusing less on her gift and more on her ego -which distanced her from her spirituality. No one takes her seriously now, though they still respect her findings from when she was younger.

Dad then mentioned that he thought there was a spirit in his house. This confused the hell out of me and I immediately started asking a bunch of questions. He said after his dad passed away (my grandfather) he felt his spirit stayed around for a while until our grandmother passed away. Then Emily, dad, and I all shared that on separate occasions we had all smelled our grandmother's perfume in the downstairs hallway at the house my dad and his siblings were raised in that he currently lives in now.

We all pretty much agreed that grandma's spirit has moved on now, but dad says that he thinks there is another spirit in the house. For the past couple of months he's been hearing things moving around downstairs at night while he, Kari, and all the animals are upstairs in his room. Em's been out of the house so it's not her.

I mentioned that Em had sensed a spirit out by the trash bins near the side of the house. Dad hadn't heard this, so Em explained, "Yah I have never been afraid of he woods by the side of our house, but I sensed something really bad was around there. I think the ghost came into our house because I've seen stuff."

Dad aid, "Well I have seen a dark blob of smoke or something a couple of times and I didn't know what the heck it was. It was in the pantry one time and then another time it was downstairs in the den. I just told it to leave really really loud, and it went away. But I think it's gone now because I haven't seen it for a couple of months."

Em said she thought it didn't belong to our house it had just wandered in. We then discussed the fact that the dogs hadn't been reacting to anything bad so whatever it might be probably isn't that serious because animals will react to spirits. We then joked about how our cat wouldn't defend any of us if a bad spirit came into a room. Kitten would say, "Take the girl! She's right there! Take her and spare me!" Brat cat...

I told dad the sounds he hears at night might just be residual memory imprints on the environment. Like how tourists who visit old castles can hear sounds of canons going off when none are being fired; or how people visiting the Winchester Mystery House say they hear construction work being done, though none is. There are also reports of old mines making tinkering sounds as if miners were in there digging away. It's just residual sounds associated with the environment -like a memory being replayed.

My grandpa built the house my dad lives in, and lots of furniture has been rearranged and moved around as our family has moved into and out of the house over the years. Hopefully it's just residual noises.

No comments:

Post a Comment