Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Fate

This is a recent topic that has come up.

2012 is the "Year of the Dragon" according to Chinese Astrology. I was born under the Year of the Dragon in 1988. It's been two cycles of 12 years since I was born -I'm 24 this year. In 2012.

More than that the Dragon has, as of late last year, officially been made my new associated symbol. I have my YinYang Pisces Fish, My Deer representing Grace, my Jaguar representing Edge, and now my Dragon representing Success. WFG is Medieval themed,with warrior shields and swords. So I figured I'd go off that and make my Business logo a Dragon with the WFG logo in it. I had forgotten about the "Year of the Dragon" until last year around October-November a 23 year old in WFG heard my birth date and said, "Oh, you're born in the year of the dragon too."

Anyway, seeing these things overlap with the dragon symbol and the knowledge that as of last year I had officially begun my ascent into being somebody worth being, I saw it as an affirmation that this year I would progress far more than last year and achieve far more than last year -as I have sensed since September/October 2011.

Then my friend told me Fate is something that can be changed so it's foolish of m to assume this year will be successful just because I "sense" it will be.

So here's how Fate really works: First you have to have Faith. You have to acknowledge the Universe, open yourself up to it, and let it in. This means "the Divine", God, spirituality, inner peace, a greater sense of wisdom and insight... need to be welcomed into your life. THEN you experience Fate.

If you look at the Bible, certain historical events, our biological history, and Ripley's Believe It Or Not, after a while you start to see a pattern. People can predict what will happen before it does, or certain things happen that are beyond coincidental but can't be proven fated. Why Earth for example? Why did this one planet, despite all the odds, have exactly the right amount of elements needed to foster and maintain life on this planet? The questions can go on and on in revolving circles.

All I know is, before I was in touch with my spirituality an faith -I was lost. Utterly lost and hopeless. I had no path. I was blindly wandering through a mist of forest fog. I didn't know where I wanted to go, I was just guessing at a direction. And yet I still managed to find my way through. I initially resisted Buddhism and Christianity. Then fate opened just the right door to lead me back into those realms. It had to be that class. Had it just been about Buddhism, I would have gone for Greek Mythology. But it was right after my Biology class the previous quarter that had turned my interest back to nature. And this class focused on Eastern Religions and how they related to animals and nature. And after that, it was a done deal. I was all for spirituality and Buddhism. I let go of fear towards the afterlife and allowed my mind to wander towards it again. And after every religion I learned about, I still held onto the pieces of spiritual truth I had known before. And everything started coming together.

Then in 2011 my life got started. Moved into an apartment. Allowed fate to take its time to lead me. Waited. Chose to go to Usana out of curiosity. Liked it. Joined it. Woke up. Started talking more with people, purposely talking to them and taking interest instead of hiding or passing them by. Started paying attention again. Didn't do well at the business. Waited. Was led to Successful Thinkers group. Met new people. Waited. Was led by Ayu into WFG. Even more awake and proud of the company I was in. Reconfirmed faith and prior self-discovered knowledge.

Now this year wil be my Dragon year -the year of Success from action. Hopefully my inner Jaguar will step up its game and I will achieve more through action than before. It will suck having to live in reality again -I prefer dream world. But I will grow more, which is the ultimate goal anyway.

So is everyone led by Fate? No. Definitely not. I can't say what will happen to Kim Kardashian or Snooki. I can say what I see for people I do know that clearly have faith. Marlo Jones will have an even more successful year than last year, which is pretty hard to believe. He'll slack off a little in the beggining, but then others will inspire him to pick up his game and he will. Emily, my sister, will slack off for the first 2-3 months. Reality will come railing hard against her. My step-mom already said a strom was coming in her direction. But then after the fury that is Kari is unleashed on Emily, she will 1. wake up and 2. start complaining to her boyfriend about it. Her boyfriend, being a motivated Scorpio, will help her get her plans in order and help Em figure out what she is going to do about school and possibly moving out/getting a job. Em will cling to Usana for her job, but Rob will try and convince her to at least get a side job until it takes off. Em may come to WFG or find a 9-5 job to fill. She will probably take a break from school saying she has 7-8 years worth of schooling to do to become a geneticist anyway. Better she work on getting money, then her education. She might move out and get her own place late this year, but it's hard to say.

Most of that isn't fate, that's just life. It's not planned and it's not being led by anything. If someone has faith though and acknowledges fate and lets themselves be led by it, THEN they will see the signs and "coincidental" indicators that they are headed in the right direction. Most people just wander Forwards with nothing leading them. Only people who are led by fate Ascend Upwards. They obtain more value in life and become more as a soul in life.

Fate is more or less written in stone -you will do what you will do and it cannot be changed. Hence the reason some people can see the future. Time doesn't work the way people think it does. Everything that will ever be has already happened. We, in the physical present, are just trying to catch up to it. Sometimes we get glimpses of what has already happened in the future, but few can every discern anything of it clearly. What we do today and what we choose not to do have already been done. You can call this situation fate if you like, but Fate seems to be for those who are being led. Those who have chosen that path for themselves will be led to it. Those who don't will wander aimlessly without fate in their lives, lost and confused.

7 comments:

  1. Fate has to do with Purpose. No one leads a fulfilling, meaningful life by accident. They are led to it when they decide it is what they seek. Only those who have chosen to lead that kind of life are led to that kind of life. That's real Fate. Not just life as is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have always felt a synergy and link to the #12 in my life...that's why I put it with everything I love. It is now a number part of my identity, linked to me --- whenever I see it attached to something, and I choose to interact with it, it's always special.

    I've always known you were special, but it wasn't until yesterday that I saw that the number 12 was very much a part of you.

    Hmmmmmmmm


    12

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't feel personally attached to the number twelve, but I do acknowledge it as a powerful number representing great things. 12 days in a year, 12 zodiacs, 12 disciples... it pops up in a lot of significant places.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 12 Months of the Year
    12 Hours on a Clock
    12 the perfect mathematical number
    4 (North, South, East and West) Times 3 (Beginning, Middle and End) = 12 (symbolizing all places, all times, omniscience and omnipotence)
    12 Tribes of Israel
    12 Apostles
    1+2 = 3 (father, son, Holy Spirit)
    My birthday, April 12th
    My shoe size, 12
    Year I truly began to believe in God for myself, 12 years old


    12

    ReplyDelete
  5. Clearly you've done more research on this than I have. I don't think I have a number associated with myself. I guess 82. Or 8 and 2. Something.

    ReplyDelete