Sunday, January 29, 2012

Can't Remember the Topic...

I've been taking Gingko everyday for about 2 weeks now and I don't think it's helping... damn it...

There were 3-4 things I wanted to write about in my blog. I can only remember one right now.

The weather is frightening. It's about 70 degrees outside -spring weather in winter. Now  the city everybody seems to appreciate this. They like the warmth and the sun and they say screw the rain. A few people acknowledge that the plants could use some rain, but most are grateful it's gone.

I went out to the country yesterday to visit with my mom. Completely different situation out there. You see, the farmers who have orchards need to keep the trees watered. If they don't get rain (or water) they will not produce fruit in the spring -which means no income for the farmers and no food for the consumers. So instead they are now draining the canals that have been collecting water from ice that has melted down from nearby mountains. Normally the canals are used for irrigation in the summer when it's scorching hot out, but the farmers have had no choice but to drain the canals early.

Then there's the farmers with livestock. Cows need grass, which hasn't exactly been blooming lately do to rain shortage. So now farmers have to go get hay -which is kind of out of season and expensive. Horses and goats also need hay, so hay prices are going up which could mean that meat and dairy products will start to cost more. The price of crops will probably go up too. I'm concerned. It's amazing to see how deeply impacted the environment can be when it's out of balance. It really hit me that if the weather were to maintain its course as is, we as people could find ourselves struggling to pay for food -or even finding it to eat.

Dang. First plagues no famine.

The other thing I think I wanted to talk about is how crappy life is being to me right now.

1. My sink is broken and has been for 4 days now and will continue to be until Monday when someone can come by to fix it. My dishwasher is filled with water and keeps leaking out. Craps.

2. $723.00 for not changing the address on my Driver's License??? It only cost $200 for a speeding ticket. I'm only 15 minutes away from where I use to live -it's not like I moved to another state. Its due when???! February 1st! What?! ...I hate this country. Will I get arrested if I don't pay it on the due date? I don't have the dinero right now.

3. I keep forgetting things and it's annoying. I'm becoming scatter-brained.

4. On the plus side (because there always is one) I have officially been appointed with Allianz ad WFG. Yay! Of course Pacific Life came and told us all the wonderous things that company has to offer so now I'm trying to get appointed with them. I hope it doesn't take forever.

5. On another plus side I had good times yesterday driving around running errands with my mom. I found out $50 will buy you 3 shirts at Kohls, unless you sign up with them and give them your bank account and social security + address in which case you will only have to pay $24 for clothes that were hard to find because you are a woman in her 50s trying to find nice clothes in a department that looks like it was designed for 65 year olds and instead you go shopping in the 20 year old department and struggle to find clothes in your size -although they are far more fashionable. I'm never growing old. And what's with celebs putting out clothing lines they themselves wouldn't be caught dead in. Riddle me that JLO and Lauren Conrad. Brown pleather shorts??? Really? That's what all the kids on the street say is hip???

I remembered the other stuff I wanted to write about. Mi amigo gave me 2 prompts. I've had a lot on my mind these days no wonder I'm losing so much of it.

Prompt#1 What is one word that covers the negative opposite for Pride/Self-Esteem?

My mind runs thusly: Believing in yourself and having self-esteem -the opposite of that would be having no sense of pride in ones self or no sense of pride or respect in general. But PRIDE is a concept in and of itself if you're trying to define it by terms and come up with the perfect balanced center for it.

Too much Pride leads to vanity, Ego, narcissism, arrogance...

Too little Pride leads to no self-worth, cowardice, fear, doubt, envy...

So when you ask for the Happy Middle Ground of Pride -it's the virtue you first tried to use to define it. Self-esteem tempered by humility.

It seems like several things can help a person reach balance in the field of Pride.

1. Compassion and a sense of Duty
2. God are realizing He is above you.
3. Achieving Goals -increases Self-Belief
4. Being Honest with Yourself

Prompt#2 Should a country be punished for an evil ruler (and can it realistically be avoided).

Yah, this topic does bother me. We feel sorry for the people of North Korea and others like it that are run by heartless dictators. Many of the people  that country live in fear or are brain-washed into believing their ruler is good. It's like Big Brother on some level.
In Germany during the Holocaust there were plenty of Germans who did not like what Hitler was doing -though none would say anything, again, due to fear.

You feel bad for the people trapped in those countries but the fact is those evil rulers will use their countries resources and people to attain more power and more wealth. The people will be used as tools and in the case of war as weapons. Unless the people rebel against the ruler and overthrow him, the entire country will be viewed as an enemy and will be attacked. I wouldn't say that the country will be punished afterwards because it was led by an evil ruler, unless the country is still violent and maintains its allegiance to the evil ruler's doctrines after he is removed from power.

3 comments:

  1. "I've been taking Gingko everyday for about 2 weeks now and I don't think it's helping... damn it..."

    --- That's like saying I'd be able to gain muscle-mass simply by taking protein drinks. You have combine this with brain exercises. There's a game called "Brain Age" for the Nintendo DS that is excellent in this regard.

    "It really hit me that if the weather were to maintain its course as is, we as people could find ourselves struggling to pay for food -or even finding it to eat."

    --- yeah it can get really bad. It'll be interesting to see what happens.

    "$723.00 for not changing the address on my Driver's License???"

    --- Would this have been an avoidable fee if you remembered to change it in time? ><

    "1. Compassion and a sense of Duty
    2. God are realizing He is above you.
    3. Achieving Goals -increases Self-Belief
    4. Being Honest with Yourself"

    --- I like this list very much. I think #4 is the toughest. #1+#3 seem to be a matter of keeping busy. #2 is obvious...for those who believe in God. For those who don't believe in God, this middle-ground is pretty impossible to achieve. That's why I think the most conceited people and the most depressed people are also atheists. Think about that. =)

    "Yah, this topic does bother me."

    --- Me too. I'm troubled by the power of evil authority over innocence. It doesn't seem right. I wish God would immediately stop it. But then, that would go against the rules of free will. And without free will, there wouldn't be people of good authority protecting and blessing innocence.

    12

    ReplyDelete
  2. "the most conceited people and the most depressed people are also atheists"

    I'm with you on atheists being more depressed, but I've also known a lot of conceited people *cough* *cough* *Newt Gingrich* *cough* who use Christianity as an excuse to say they are better than people and they can do no wrong, even though they are over-inflated ego-maniacs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jess --- Newt Gingrich is such a clown, he's not even worth the analogy you give him here. I'm amazed at how many people are taking him seriously. Dude is a joke --- not worth your time, attention, or dislike even.

    12

    ReplyDelete