Friday, February 3, 2012

Zoloft Update

Zoloft.

The 100mg wasn’t working. I lacked too much in the social department –a.k.a. got nervous around people, avoided eye contact, and went out of my way to avoid talking to people. It also kept me mentally complacent –not happy, not sad, not angry –just complacently placid. It was annoying and I decided to opt out.

At 150mg I’m usually pretty content and handle social situations enough, but I’m also emotionally distant in some ways. I miss my feelings. I don’t feel as “real” as I do without Zoloft.

On 50 mg I’m more prone to be mopey or frustrated, but I’m also more spontaneous in attitude and feel more like myself. I don’t avoid people and can connect to others more easily.

Without Zoloft I’m fine for 5 days then my brain starts to jar, I get headaches, and become disoriented and sick to my stomach. My depression also kicks in but only at night and early morning.

Right now I’m on 50mg. I take it at night since the Zoloft has a slight tiring side effect and I can get sleepy-ish on it during the day. I sleep a lot better at night and the medication is in full effect in the morning. I felt great today. Very alert and comfortable talking to people. I’m going to keep myself on this dosage for a while and see how it goes.

1 comment:

  1. Good...keep up with the progress. Wean yourself off of this slowly and then there is perhaps another battle to fight.

    I think you may have a condition that intensifies natural feelings. It's normal to allow sadness to come at night or in morning when the subconscious is at its strongest ---

    --- but it's possible for you to deal with this without Zoloft, one day.

    12

    ReplyDelete