Friday, February 10, 2012

Plans and Schemes

Today started out promising. I gained consciousness around 5am. Truth be told I had a troubling nightmare.

My dream consisted of me being in “my apartment” that had suddenly become bigger and I had a pet cat and two pet dogs. Clothes that were hanging on a shelf suddenly flew off and I felt like there was something evil in my room. Ran to the living room and there was a knock on the door. Someone handed me a piece of paper saying I owed them money. Then 10 minutes later some other lady I didn’t know handed me another piece of paper for money that I owed, but I new neither woman and didn’t actually owe money so I was stressed and worried. Then my pets tried escaping from the open door and I had to herd them back into my apartment.

Then I left the apartment and got on a bus that was on a tour through L.A. We started driving into a wealthier part of town and I looked out the window at these really nice houses we were passing by. Then the bus stopped and pulled into a warehouse. I went in with the group of people there. The men in the warehouse had us sit down on the concrete floor while they demonstrated to us. They took a man who was unconscious and started sawing parts of his body off. I was scared and a couple people actually managed to run away. Then the three men doing the demonstration took the severed limbs and put them on plates. They sat down at a table together and started chatting away while they cut into their dinner plates.

Then the hazy image of a woman started to appear. Apparently the “feast” was also to pay tribute to a goddess they all worshipped. The goddess was bemusing one of the men who wanted gold. She was showering gold on him and the other two men were getting jealous that she wasn’t lavishing them with what they wanted from her. That’s when I tried to run away. The man with the gold started chasing after me. I remember seeing a tower that looked like the one from Beauty and the Beast. I ran in and bolted to the top of the tower/ there was a woman there casting spells and doing withcraft, but I knew she wouldn’t hurt me. She used her powers to attack the men who were after me. Then I decided to chill in her main bedroom while she stayed out on the balcony casting them away.

I guess it’s best when a lesser evil can fight off a greater evil and you can stay out of both messes.

Anyways, I woke up at 5am. Then I saw the clock. I made sure it was 5 am and not 6 am because I had to get up at 6. I went back to sleep. Got up at 6am. Had 30 minutes to kill before I had to leave so I checked my emails. I’m going to be Toast Master for next weeks Table Topics Contest. I need to send out the list of roles, although half the roles will be assigned by Jos and I’m not allowed to know who she chooses to be judges for the contest. So there’s that…

Then I checked Twitter. Not much new and exciting going on over there. Decided not to check Facebook –always too much going on over there.
Checked Ffffoud.com and got a cool image off of it that I can’t remember right now. Then I looked out the window of my apartment and saw the sky. It was clear blue and warm. Spring weather in winter. Then feeling bright and awake I set forth to go to my temp job today at a company I receptionisted for last week. I got a text from my friend saying he was going to make me come with him to the DMV since he went with me there last week. I wouldn’t have minded going with him actually, but I had to go to work.

Made it to work. The directory login and password weren’t working. Tried several different passwords and none came out right. After 10 minutes of waiting I called Cameron –Master Facilities Manager- and he saved the day. Always good to see my Libra? Buddy. Then there was silence for a good 2 hours and I got to finish Nancy’s book about souls and where they go when they die. I felt a little weird about reading the book and had to make sure the cover was always covered so nobody could see what I was reading. I actually wanted to bring in the Bible as well but figured I could get in trouble for reading a religious book in a business company.

Then this angry chick called around 11:30. I was already frustrated because a woman named Cindy told me to call her after the lunch had been set up in the cafeteria so she and her team could eat before everyone else started getting in line because she had to go to a meeting at 12. She had actually stood there in front of me and had me call up the catering company to confirm that they were coming at 11:30. Control freak…And all of that would have been fine but the extension she gave me to call her when lunch was ready didn’t go to her it went to some guy named Jaret who hung up on me when I paused because it was a dude who answered and not Cindy. Then I didn’t know Cindy’s name at the time so I tried looking her up in the directory by going through the list of names and extension codes of people in our branch. I don’t know how the hell I missed her name because I looked up every other chick on the list and couldn’t find her.

So then angry chick called and said she had talked to me yesterday about something (which she hadn’t –it was the normal receptionist). She told me she called the woman she was trying to reach 2 times and left two messages and she never got back to her. Then she said that I (not really me but the normal receptionist she had mistaken me for) hadn’t called her back either even though she called at 2pm. I tried to tell her the normal receptionist who was not me left at 1pm yesterday and didn’t come back into work, but she wasn’t listening. She said she had called at 8:45am this morning and the woman she was trying to reach still hadn’t answered. She kept going on and on about how upset she was because her account had been temporarily frozen until a pending payment she owed our company hadn’t been paid and she wasn’t able to get it paid because the chick she was trying to reach in accounts receivable wasn’t answering her phone and now her credit card was frozen and not working. “Can you feel the frustration I’m expressing and understand why my voice is being raised and I’m not happy right now?,” so said angry lady. I said, I wasn’t here yesterday I’m just filling in for the receptionist but if you like I can try to transfer you to the woman you are trying to see now or I can transfer you to accounts payable –they might be able to help. “Can you physically go to the woman I’m trying to get a hold of and tell her to call me???,” so said angry lady. I said I could try but I also told her she’s probably going to come out any second to eat lunch because the company has put out a buffet. “Well that’s what the receptionist said yesterday”. It 11:45am. It’s lunch. I’m not a miracle worker.

So I told the angry lady, “Give me her name and I will try to find her and give her your number so she can call you as soon as possible.” She said thank you and gave me her number and the name of the woman she was trying to get a hold of. Her name was Cindy. I looked Cindy up in the directory. It was the woman I was the given the wrong extension for. And then she walked by my desk to go get lunch so I figured: Time to give somebody a note to make an urgent call to a very angry lady. So I passed off the note and went back with my food from the cafeteria.

Then angry lady called back 10 minutes later and said Cindy had finally called her and she actually needed to talk to another woman named Gupta. I looked up Gupta in the directory and transferred angry lady over to her. Mission accomplished! Then guys from shred-It came to shred stuff, which I was not expecting. Why do people who frequently have to converse with people lack the ability to speak clear-ish English. Not even perfect English, just clear enough to comprehend!

Then I blogged for a while… about 3 hours…

Then 3pm came around and I was bored again. So I decided to write this blog, which took up another hour.
Now it’s 3:58pm. 1 hour until freedom. Then I have to drive home. At 6:30-7pm Tim is coming by to pick up the Xbox 360 he sort of gave me. I considered it a “former-friend tax”. He was my friend and then he sort of led me on and then he “got busy at work” and I haven’t seen him since last October or texted him since last December. Then last Wednesday he text me that Andy –a mutual acquaintance/ fellow Toast Master- need Jos’s phone #. He also asked when he could get his Xbox back. I gave him Jos’s number and told him I was busy so he’d have to wait until Friday. He said “k”.

I’m glad he’s taking the Xbox back, that thing couldn’t play Jaws or Grand Theft Auto. I basically a pointless console device. It only played Halo which is pointless unless two people play and the only other person to play with was Tim who decided to go MIA for 6 months. So yah. I’m upgrading to a PS3 soon and need to clear a space for that…

Then I have to figure out what I’m doing tomorrow. I’m popular on Saturdays apparently. WFG wants to have it’s BPM from 11-1pm and then a “Closer’s College” from 2-8pm. 6 hours with only 1 hour break in between… yah that’s going to happen (sarcastic tone). Eric Olson showed us how to close last Thursday. It was awesome, but I’m not going to see it again for what would be my 3rd time. Then Ms May my Taurus friend from Usana wants me to hangout with her new recruit aka “family member” for their Saturday training from 8:30 -1pm. Why must these people insist on having non-stop training sessions with no breaks for over 4 hours??? So I said sure.

Cameron just walked in and signed my time card. He’s such a nice Libra. Very polite and happy-go-lucky but not in annoyingly hippie way.

So my day tomorrow looks like: Try to reconnect with Usananites and try to get referrals for WFG if at all humanly possible. Then go home and get organized/ finish prepping for Toast Masters and get labels set up to print out new name tags for new members on Monday. Then possibly upload last Wednesdays vids from Toast Master. Also give Ayu a new contact name and number. (WFG has a new “contest” where we have to give a new number and name of a contact each day to our upline for the entire month of February then we get a prize. I’ve been giving the names of random people I met a Networking get-togethers). Then I should probably call people to try and get referrals/ set up appointments for next week. I need to get into the game. I also need to watch Project Runway, Supernatural, and The Office unless I watch all those tonight.

Then at 8pm it’s SKYRIM!!!! With ALEX!!! I have no idea what I’m doing in that game. Last time I played I watched some people kill a dragon and I sold its bones and scales for dinero. I’m 3000 coins away from buying my dream home in Solitude (Wolfville). So this round I’ll probably try and kill some zombie mummies and spiders and…well actually my dog and husband will kill those. So I’ll be collecting the coins, robes, and amulets found off of the dead bodies of my enemies. Yay! I have no idea what quests to do in that game at this point. It’s like picking something to order off of a French menu. (Points to menu: “I’ll go with however you pronounce that word”).

2 comments:

  1. ". I got a text from my friend saying he was going to make me come with him to the DMV since he went with me there last week."

    ---I was kidding. Even if you were free, I wouldn't have made you go.

    "he sort of led me on"

    --- No "sort of" about it. An honorable butt-kicking is his due. If only I could do it and not lose my job...LOL

    "I’m 3000 coins away from buying my dream home in Solitude (Wolfville)"

    --- Sorry again for my blunder in delaying things. =( Can't promise it won't happen again, but with enough saves we'll make sure it won't hurt so much. Game enough and such things will happen.

    I'm only human, and occasionally I show it!!!

    12

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's ok I now own that house, which is quite empty, and will be filling it soon with my accumulated crap.

    ReplyDelete