Saturday, February 4, 2012

From Yesterday

Had some time to kill so I was looking back through some old notes.  I can tell how bored I was when a speech was given based on the level of detail in my illustrations as well as the amount of sketches I made. My notebook has some great designs in it… I was bored last night as well. It happens when you listen to information you’ve already been told over 3 times. I’m waiting for ING and WRL to come over and share info on their products because I now WFG well enough at this point and am now looking forward to some of the companies we represent.

I don’t need to be told our compensation plan –I know it’s awesome.

I don’t need to be told the positions in the company, the amount of points and recruits needed to hit them, or the perks of hitting one of those higher positions.

I don’t need to be told about the fabulous prizes one can win if they achieve the incentive programs held each month if members reach certain goals.

I don’t need to hear speeches giving the biography of the life of the person speaking if I’ve already heard that story once before (it starts to feel like hanging out with an older relative who keeps telling you the same story over and over thinking they’ve never told it to you before).

I don’t need to hear about the trips to Tahiti, the mansions, the fast cars, the exotic locations, the diamond rings, the “lifestyle” and all that crap.
I don’t need to listen to a person declaring themselves to be virtuous because they are a Christian, have a wife and some kids, and fly to Vegas or Cancun or Acapulco or Italy whenever they want because they’re rich and free.

I wouldn’t mind hearing more about charities and the work WFG has done through its foundation.

I don’t need to hear how the products work, how to call up clients, how to “close”, how to get business cards, or how to follow up with clients.

I wouldn’t mind hearing stories and personal accounts directly from the clients. 

It would be helpful to learn how to read and manage people. If somebody gives of personality XYZ you should…

I don’t need to hear nutritional companies, make-up companies, Tupperware companies, or random product companies being torn down and mocked. It alienates me.

It’s not that the meetings aren’t informative. It’s not that they’re boring. It’s just that I’ve already seen them before over and over.

No comments:

Post a Comment