Thursday, February 9, 2012

As Written Last Friday At My Receptionist Job

Fish and deer have a lot in common.

Both are defenseless.

Both startle easily and react abruptly.

Both are graceful and have swift, fluid motion.

Both are naïve –hence why fish get easily baited.

Both are alert to, but ultimately oblivious of the world at large around them.

Both can be on their own or in groups –it doesn’t really seem to matter to them.

Both reflect the environment they are in –deer in woods, fish in water. Not like cats or squirrels that can be everywhere.

Both seemed to be minding their own business in a completely serene way.

I’m so bored right now. It’s 3:37. I leave at 5pm. This blog is the only thing helping me maintain my sanity. And I just compared fish to deer. Oh Godzilla…

(No doubt to be repeated tommorrow when I go back to work at the same place for the same amount of time on a Friday again. This time, no Tai food.)

1 comment:

  1. Both are vulnerable to people who would hunt them. ><

    Not on my watch.

    12

    ReplyDelete