Saturday, October 8, 2011

Sacrifice

I was driving home from the meeting today and I was thinking about finding "the one" and this thought occurred to me:

If I was driving in my car as I am now, with The One sitting next to me, how would I feel towards that person at this moment.

And I realized several things: If i had my soul mate, I would feel bound to that person. I would view them as a mother would view her child -someone close, like an extended part of your self, that you are forever connected to. I would give anything to my mate. I would Die for my mate. And initially I thought that that kind of self-sacrifice was unique and something I would not be capable of giving to any other... but then I remembered my sister.

I would die for Emily without hesitation. If it cost my life to save hers, I'd give it.

And I wondered, Why? It isn't that we're related (I would also die for my friend Chelsie who I consider to be a sister). It isn't because I know her wholey and completely -I don't know Chels that well and we don't even talk that often. It isn't because I think they'd do the same for me -The only person I know for a fact hat would die for me is my mom. The only conclusion I could come to about it was Because I Love Them. I don't love them that way because they feel exactly the same about me, I just Love them that much.

If I had The One I would feel as though they were another part of me I needed to look after and protect as I do myself. After the car accident I got to see first hand how quickly it could all end. Its just like, BAM! and your ride's over. To give your life up without hesitation for someone else's is to feel that bond for another person and realize -They Are You. You are as much a part of them as they are of you, and suddenly "it's not ending your life to save another", it's Saving Yourself Through Love.

I think this is why God was able to enflesh Himself and suffer the physical and emotional anguish of Rejection, Praise, and Sacrifice. He didn't just love humans. Humans and Life are just an extension of Him. He Loved Himself as he would want all Men to Love Themselves and Each Other. To know the kind of Love where even Death has no bounds or restraints over you... That's what He wants for Everyone.

3 comments:

  1. The concept of a soulmate is one that I've fathomed for many an hour...

    I've come to the conclusion that they don't exist. This is not to say that I don't believe we can fine someone PERFECT for us, or that I don't believe in true love...

    I just don't believe in the concept of "one". It's a very idealistic belief that tends to weaken with observation.

    Let's just suppose that there was ONE person we are meant for. This would therefore imply that their kids were meant to be.

    Therefore, my mother and father were meant to have me, because they were meant to be.

    However, they didn't make it. And so my mom re-married and had two other children.

    Am I therefore to conclude that my half-brother and half-sister were not meant to be? That they were the result of a lesser bond? That they didn't have as much right as me to exist? Because if my mom stayed with the ONE, they would have never been born.

    12

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clearly you have forgotten the blog I made on soul mates: http://lookingbacktowardthefuture.blogspot.com/2011/09/soul-mates.html

    Soulmates aren't found, soulmates are made through commitment and devotion.

    Anyway, soulmates wasn't the main point with this one. It was love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. *looks at blog*

    *gets embarrassed*

    *coughs*

    Yep...you're right, I clearly forgot. Perhaps because that's always the blog where you pwn3d me very handily in debate and I blocked it out of my mind.

    ...but yeah...*cough* uh, there's no greater love then when one gives up his/her life for another.


    12

    ReplyDelete