Sunday, October 2, 2011

Journey to the Land of Plenty

I woke up again in the Land of Lacking. I ate my last cup of applesauce because I had run out of oatmeal. I also ate a nutribar-I'm down to three. With nothing else to drink, I took my water. I got in my car -starting to run low on gas, and I headed over to see my sister at my dad's house.

I then landed in the Land of Plenty. I started snacking on some "cookies" my sister had made out of strawberry nutrimeal. They were addicting. After cramming down at least 10, my dad asked me to do a lunch run to Togos. I stopped by the ATM to use my dad's credit card he had given me to pay for the sandwiches. I then brought them home. Dad gave me $20 for gas money out of the change he got back.

After I got my fill of sandwich, I hung out with Treasure, Kitten, Owen, Alex, and Emily. 2 Dogs, 2 Cats, and 1 Monkey. My dad was going through stuff he wanted to get rid of an found a hair-dryer. He asked me if I needed a hair-dryer, and seemed surprised when I told him I didn't have one. I now have a hair-dryer. I was also offered some apples they had recently gotten off the apple tree in their garden. I now have some apples.

I drove home with more than I went in with. It seems that the more people have the easier it is to give stuff away without thinking or hesitating. I think that's why warm, heartfelt, compassionate people can give and give without asking anything in return, even when they don't have much.

1 comment:

  1. Wait until you come across people who give even when they have very little...

    12

    ReplyDelete