Friday, November 22, 2013

Reading Memories

After reading old posts I realized how important it it to record the memories. Not the passing of the day-to-day, but the revelations you find. I soaked up knowledge like a sponge and at some point I had a great amount of wisdom to share, but for some reason no longer felt compelled to write it down. 

Spiritual truths are like personal tragedies. You get used to nobody around you talking about it, nobody sharing, nobody discussing, nobody bringing it up. And when you mention it to some people they don't seem to care. So you keep it to yourself figuring no one else is interested.

A lot of things happened to me that I haven't fully recorded. Maybe it's better that I didn't so I can now speak more objectively about things. In the past, I can't believe how caught up I was in family nonsense and drama. Such a waste. And I would go month after month writing nothing -which makes sense considering I was doing nothing with my life at the time. 

There's so much I intend to write and share. I just need to get organized and do it. When we only think about ourselves we get shallow and short-sighted. Everything we write becomes condensed and tightly compacted -limited. It's better to focus on bigger, greater things than ourselves. 

I've also realized how hard I was on my sister for being so caught in family drama for so long. I realized that she's a couple years behind me in overcoming that crap. You have to have patience and let people grow at their own pace.

No comments:

Post a Comment