Monday, November 25, 2013

Crappy Night of Ghost Activity

Last night was intense. I haven't been that legitimately scared in a while. 

I managed to keep the energy/ghost at bay initially, though I did feel its presence when I first attempted to fall asleep. Then around 2am things got serious. It felt like something rushed up to the side of my bed -which scared the crap out me. I then kept feeling this overwhelming sense of fear I couldn't shake off. I tried to regulate my breathing and my heartbeat, but I could clearly feel a presence in the room. It was a lot more intimidating than usual. 

I got up and went to the bathroom in an attempt to "reclaim my space" by turning the lights on and wandering the hallway. Then I tried going back to sleep but couldn't again because the presence was so strong in the room. Frightened to an alarming extent I wasn't used to I "gave up" and turned on the bathroom light so the entire hallway and entryway to my bedroom where lit. I figured this would make the ghost go away -or at least assure me more that all was ok. 

Nope. 

5 minutes into going back to sleep, I felt an overwhelming feeling of energy come over me -like someone towering and looming behind me. I couldn't take it -so for the first time in a couple years I actually got up and went into the living room to turn on my laptop. I turned all the lights on in the living room and spent half an hour checking Facebook updates and trying to get my mind off of things.It did seem to help.

I went back to my bedroom and attempted to sleep again. My sleep was broken and brief. I kept waking up every 15 minutes. I didn't feel the presence as strongly, but there was always that tension in the room as if something could happen at any minute.

I got up at 6am -drained and tired- and prepared myself for the day. The worst part about living in a haunted place or being haunted by something is actually the sleep deprivation. I can take getting unexpectedly woken in the night by thin air or hearing strange noises in the dark -but the toll it takes on you during the day and the week that follows can be pretty hard to contend with.

I also don't appreciate the sudden drops in temperature. It's November! It's already pretty cold at night, and then when you get all warm and comfy in bed you feel the temperature drop to freezing a couple minutes after you sense the presence in the room. If the fear won't keep you awake, the subarctic climate will. 

No comments:

Post a Comment