Monday, September 23, 2019

Star Watches & Dream

I debated whether or not to write about this or put it out there because it seemed random/ a little embarrassing but I think I'm meant to at least mention it.

About 3 or 4 months ago I was roaming Instagram the way I usually do and saw a commercial for this incredible "Starry Night" watch I'd never seen before. I come across a lot of unique, spiritually-inspired jewelry that I love, but the way this hit me was like a truck.

I had a deep, impulsive, compulsive desire to find the watch and immediately order it. Problem was they were from Japan? and were being exploited in the U.S. People would take videos and pictures of these watches only available in a foreign country and act like they had them and were a legitimate business selling them. There were at least 4 scamming sites claiming to sell the watches. 

I was depressed and frustrated. I thought, "Someone could make soooo much money if they had access to selling these for real." 

So I prayed that one day I would have a one of the watches. I don't usually pray for objects, but at this point I was seriously having debates about taking a trip to Japan to track these down in person. 

I genuinely thought it would take 5 to 10 years for such a fated match to occur. For the watch to find its way to me. 2 months later a new add popped up on Instagram: 



@StarDustWatchesDotCom

I was still skeptical about whether or not it was real, but decided to take a chance and went to their online store -which seemed more legitimate than past fake ones I'd been to. 

I was nervous about purchasing anything, but also felt like it was a "swim or drown" kind of moment I might not get again. So I ordered 3 since they were on sale. 

I wasn't sure if I'd ever actual receive anything -let alone all 3 -in the mail. It took around 3 weeks or a month. 



I couldn't believe I was holding them in my hands. It was surreal. 
Like God had heard me and showed me, "Yes it's possible." 

It also occurred to me, maybe a watch is easier to bring about than world piece since objects won;t argue against you when you suggest it. 

Maybe that's why "The Secret" works. Especially if you have some desperate clinging to an object for some reason. 

Now I only wear the watches for special occasions or when I'm feeling doubtful and need a reminder that God's seeing me through. They're my miracle watches. 

9/3 Dream: I was at an arcade and the man running it asked if I could help him sell stuff. I said, "ok" and sort of started working there. It was slow during the weeks and busier on the weekends and he was frustrated about what to do during thr week to get more kids to come. 

They were having a sale on bracelets: Buy 4 get 1 for free, so I bought a starry night watch and was happy about it. The man who ran the place asked if I was going to buy more: He was worried I'd buy more of this merchandise that was on sale and he'd run out for paying customers. He was using ti as a way to get them in. 

But I said, "No I'm happy with this." But I wasn't sure what to do there and how to help him. 

---This is pretty much where I'm at with the adventure park. We can't advertise to Denver because it's like dropping a penny in a  wishing well full of them hoping we'll spot ours after. We can advertise locally, but it's a smaller crowd. Most people pop in on the weekends and during the week it's a ghost town. Then we have huge sales on activities that are 25-50% off, but no one seems that interested. I'm not sure what to do. It's like trying to shift the flow of a river. 

No comments:

Post a Comment