Thursday, September 19, 2019

Planet Resentment

So apparently Saturn just came out of a 5 month retrograde that's been screwing us over. Found out a couple days ago. We have 13 or so long-standing retrogrades that are coming out of their locked-in positions this year. And you start to look at it all and think, "I hate planets." 

And I've been going back and forth on it for the past couple days, and this year in particular. Why? Why do planets hold that much influence? I was in a distant sort of denial-based ignorance for a while, but it's hard to refute now. 

I explained to someone who followed astrology who then spoke the same words in unison with me, "Well if the moon holds sway over the ocean and WE'RE made of water..." So we all get the basic concept. 

But then there are questions like: 

#1 Are we just the result of millennia's worth of planet shifts? 

#2 Why does it sway our vices/ virtues/ emotions/ culture/ tendencies? Why does it seem to effect us that way? 

#3 Are all the wars and oppressive regimes and dictators just the result of an inevitable culmination in the "space energy" of those times? 

#4 Was it designed to be this way? Can we supersede it? 

#5 What happens if we go to a completely different universe without these particular planets in orbit? Would there be more freedom, less, or a whole new set of influences we haven't experienced by whatever is orbiting out there? 

#6 Why don't we study space more in school? I cam STILL only name you maybe 5 planets (without consulting Google) and I have no idea how many there are total. I only know people decided Pluto wasn't one of them -which is irrelevant in comparison to the question of whether that object still holds the same kind of influence as other planets do. 

#7 There have been hundreds of cultures the world over throughout human history that, if for no other reason than boredom, would look up into the sky and know that map by heart. The way we know Netflix exists and can name at least one show on it, they would name star constellations and the individual bodies of light that comprised it. Why did we lose that? 

And if I'm advocating for a greater understanding of space you know a mind has been deeply effected and changed. I hated space. It seems empty and cold and vast. I like nature and the ocean and forests... not planets. But in recent years everything's changed. We should no more. 



For my own sake, as I often like to do when I find out I'm out of the loop on something I should know, I look it up and right it down (thank you wikipedia):

The Planets:

- How many planets are in our solar system? 8 or 12. Good to know science is just as confused as me. 

The current official answer is 8: Earth, Mercury, Venus, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, and Neptune. 



It was debated whether or not to add 4 more: Ceres, Churon, Pluto, and a new one UB313 (a crappy name for a potential planet...) 

As far as I can tell at least one of those is included in astrology as an "influencer" based on its position, so I say include them. And 12 is a sacred spiritual number that in my mind translates to "A group of sacred bodies coming together for of great mission" so it fits. 

At the same time astrology also acknowledges the moon and sun (the sun being a star and the moon is a "satellite"). 

Basic Astrological Understandings of What the Planets Mean: 

-Moon: Womanhood/ Mother/ Soft/ Emotions/ Calm/ Intuition/Flow/ Yin/ Internal

-Sun: Energy/ External/ Yang/ Masculine/ Action/ Expansion/ Ego/ Power/ Pride

-Venus: Beauty/ Harmony/ Fertility/ Charm/ Romance

-Mercury: Communication/ Commerce/ Travel/ Messages/ Clever/ Crafty/ Mentality/ Adapting

-Mars: War/ Strength/ Aggression/ Conflict/ Ambition/ Impulse

-Ceres: Seasons/ Mother/ Provider/ Harvest/ Capacity/ Pregnancy/ Relationships/ Natural Cycles

-Jupiter: Leader/ Mentor/ Teacher/ Lord/ Prosperity/ Growth/ Good Fortune

-Neptune: Idealism, Dreams, Illusion, Artistry, Empathy, Vagueness

-Saturn: Duty/ Punishment/ Honor/ Hardship/ Diligence/ Status/ Industrious/ Ethics/ Productivity

-Uranus: Sky, Divine Beings, Swift Change, Originality, Uniqueness, Freedom, Humanitarianism

-Pluto: Power, Death, Birth, Subconscious, Spiritual Influence, Revelation, Transformation, Fate

Planets I'm Cool With: Moon, Sun, Venus, Mercury, Ceres, Jupiter, Neptune, Uranus, Pluto, Ceres  

Planets I'm Not Fond Of: Mars is a Jerk. Saturn is too up-tight and reminds me of a judge in 18th century England that Charles Dickens would have written complaints about. 

And thanks to Wiki we can see how the different planets interact: 

Example of how I interpret this chart: 

Mercury (War) hates Venus (Love), but likes Sun (Ego/Energy) and finds joy in Pluto (Death/Power). 

If Mars and the Sun are partying together... Run! 

No comments:

Post a Comment