Thursday, September 26, 2019

Higher Self?

I had a pretty vivid dream last night. 

I was standing in a row with who I thought was my sister but was clearly me at different ages:  20, 12, 4... and to my right where no one should be because I was at my present age there was another woman. At first I thought it might have been an older sister -she looked like me but not exactly. Now I realize it was an older version of myself. She was taller and her hair and style were more refined. There was something about her that reminded me of Egypt. 

Here Eye Makeup looked like this (via the 1960s):



Her Hair Style more like this: 



Then I was flipping through a celebrity magazine and saw 3 or 4 images of her. But the pages were embedded with beads. Her dress was made of beads and they were on the magazine. The back page of the magazine was almost a floral wallpaper design in gold that was also intricately beaded. When I touched her hair on the page it was real hair. I took the pages out of the magazine and intended to keep them. 

This is interesting because yesterday I was thinking how manipulative and cruel it was to read Seventeen magazine as a 16 year old. Not realizing those girls had an entire crew of people spending hours on their hair and makeup. I looked at those pictures and thought, "If that's how I'm supposed to look at this age, I'm screwed. I'm ugly and nowhere near to that..." 

I think the dream was kind of a response. Your soul/higher self and who you're intended to be should be what you seek in terms of your life -not some fake, painted image manufactured by a culture or other people. 

No comments:

Post a Comment