Wednesday, September 11, 2019

Found a Dream Journal

I don't know why I feel compelled to write all of a sudden, but writing is as much a passion for me as art has been so I'm not going to argue. These things always go in waves: A passion and fixation on dancing, music, movies, fashion, cooking, architecture and interior design, artwork, written works... It's all gold in this new Renaissance we're living in. 

And I feel like God was answering me today about a complaint made yesterday about me not having written down things I thought I had in previous blogs. I was looking around and happened to find 3 journals today: A journal I thought was empty but was the beginnings of a dream journal from a couple years ago, a journal of spiritual concepts and notes, and a blank journal meant for me to write about travels. 


I was like, "Jackpot!" 

But then I was kind of pissed at myself again for apparently giving up on the dream journal only a couple of months in and not carrying it on daily. But last night's dreams kind fo clarified that reason for me. 

I dreamt as I have many times about dinosaurs roaming the streets, hundreds of people running around trying to escape, and me cleverly evading death by sneakily peering around corners and bolting. Most people would just call that a run-of-the-mill nightmare, but at this point given how consistent it's been I think there's more to it. 

It's not Jurassic Park where I'm at another location/island where they're running around. It's the modern, everyday world on the streets. I think it has to do with my anxiety around crowded places, cityscapes, and just trying to navigate and survive driving through traffic. I get uneasy and overwhelmed in it all, and usually try and avoid places with lots of people. 

So Dinosaur = Archaic Survival Instinct that seems large and overwhelming. Modern World = Physical/Social World around me. At least that's my interpretation. Let's hope it's not a literal vision for the future... 

I had several other dreams but can't remember them well and just know they were kind of irrelevant. So keeping a dream journal is challenging when dreams either don't happen or aren't that relevant. 

No comments:

Post a Comment