Friday, April 4, 2014

Really James?

James Franco met a 17 year old fan visiting from Scotland at a play of his in New York. He was tagged on her Instagram and then proceeded to message her:


After the messages went viral he posted this on his Twitter trying to deny what happened:


Then he was on the TV Talk show Live! With Kelly and Michael and he addressed the topic head on:

"I didn't want to come on the show and...feel awkward, so uh, yeah. I mean I guess, you know, I'm embarrassed, and I guess I'm just a model of, you know, how social media is tricky," he said. "It's a way people meet each other today. But what I've learned I guess just because I'm new to it is like, you don't know who's on the other end. You meet somebody in person and you get a feel for them but you don't know who you're talking to, and, you know? So I used bad judgment. I learned my lesson."

-The problem is he HASN'T learned the lesson. In fact he didn't even acknowledged the main problem. He thought the issues was choosing "the wrong person" to message via social media. What the actual issue was, was the fact that he DIDN'T CARE who the person he was messaging was. Even after she mentioned her mom and being underage he STILL tried to arrange for sex with her. He knew her for the span of about 5 minutes and then solicited her to sleep with him. What if she had been 15? What if she HAD been 23? The fact is: her AGE didn't matter to him. SHE didn't matter to him. He didn't care who she was, where she was from, what her name was, what her soul was created for... he just wanted her body. Period. That's the problem. 

No comments:

Post a Comment