Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Nice Houses

I was passing by some nice homes on my way to lunch. We all know where those neighborhoods are. You turn down one street and suddenly your in Mansionville. You're immediate reaction is: Don't even bother trying to imagine living in one of those... 

Then you turn down another street and it's Average Suburbialand. And what was interesting was the thought that came to my mind when I passed by those smaller, quaint houses: "I don't think I'll ever own one of these."

I thought about it decided 90% of 20 year olds in this generation will not own/rent homes. 70% of 30 year olds will not live in their own homes. 50% of our generation will not live in houses when they are in their 40s. Basically we'll all be living in apartments forever. 

I tried imagining what it would be like owning my own house -having larger rooms to fill my stuff with and a front lawn to mow. It was hard t fathom. And then I tried to imagine what would become of all the current houses that are around. 

People are tanking financially. The only way people owned houses in the 90s was via Credit Cards and Loans -which is why are current financial health is so bad in this country. Without loans and credit cards -aka borrowed money you don't own - there's no way to live in a house like that. All of those houses will then be empty or rented out to retiring elderly people. 

At some point an overcrowding of apartments and an under-crowding of homes will occur.  Seems like such a stupid waste. Humans build homes. Humans can't live in those homes because humans can't afford homes. Instead humans cram into small apartments. Stupid humans... 

Then I thought, "If I asked God and prayed to God to have a home one day I wonder if He would help guide me to one..." Then I thought, "That's stupid. You're asking the Creator of the Universe to score you a home." I just think God is more concerned with spiritual things -not more transient things like being in a home. I definitely came to the conclusion: God won't get you a mansion if you ask for it. But something small and manageable might be possible. God definitely tries to make His kids happy, like any parent would, but He doesn't hand things over freely -He makes you understand the value of life by leading you to work for whatever it is you want in life. 

It's funny. I went to lunch at Panda Express and my fortune cookie read, "If your desires are not extravagant, they will be granted." 

Weird... 

And someone in Toastmasters gave a speech about fate earlier today, basically saying that "coincidences" are Gods way of remaining anonymous.   

Another strange coincidence...

No comments:

Post a Comment