Monday, August 5, 2013

Plans for Spiritual Readings

Ok, first off Google + pissed me off earlier today. I was going through my "photos" accumulated on Google + and noticed they had added hundreds of pictures from this blog since the 2 accounts are technically linked. Not wanting all that clutter on my un-blog-related Google+ profile I deleted every album associated with this blog. Then I went to this blog and it was BARE and all of the photos were GONE. 

I didn't realize the 2 sites were THAT closely linked. So I had to re-add all the pictures I wanted back. UGGGHHHZZZZ...

The downside to social network congruency. 

Meanwhile back on the spiritual end of things, I went to church last Sunday and reconnected with the Bible. It's a book I tend to avoid in general for fear of reading it and ignorantly misinterpreting things. But every time I read a verse from it I feel the Truth coming out and it's hard for me not to want to continue reading. It's like starving for days, getting used to being hungry, and then someone handing you a 5 course meal. 

Anyways, the sad part about it was that I really didn't know a lot of basic things I should. For instance, who were the 12 Disciples? I can name the main ones -mostly 6 of them. But I certainly can't list them all off the top of my head. 

So I've decided to officially go through the New Testament and note 3 main things:

-Who the Disciples were as individuals in writing/habit/person-hood/and action

-How many times and Where in the text does the number 12 come up

-What can I conclude about the 12 Disciples in relation to the Zodiac 

Also noting the various stories and what was emphasized in each. 

I'm looking forward to seeing what comes up.


No comments:

Post a Comment