Friday, August 16, 2013

Thanks Sir Elton

Was starting to get a little depressed there for a bit. A lot of negative things going on in the world. It's like being tossed and turned out at sea. Constantly battling to stay above surface as waves keep crashing down on you. I just needed a reprieve. A place to rest my swaying arms. Something to hold me above sea level. 

Decided to start listening to Elton John's album "Made in England". Gotta love Elton. An Aries. Always has his mind set to bigger and better things. His songs usually carry a lot of hope and strong will in them. They're nostalgic and romantic and honest. It feels like I can breathe now. 

And then a thought occurred to me: Can I let go of the Robin Thicke thing? 

And I thought: Yah. I can let that go and move on. 

Can I let go of the horrors happening in Egypt and all the tragedies going on in other parts of the world right now? 

Yah I can let it go. Holding on will only sink me further down. 

I just asked myself if I was able to let go of all the negative things I was letting get to me. And then I found I could. There was nothing really attaching me or holding me to these things themselves. I don't have to let bad news ruin my state of being.

You become deeply affected by what you attach yourself to -in the moment and in life. You can always choose to let go.

No comments:

Post a Comment