Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Exercises Part 2

I met with Nadine August 19th. 

Exercises I had been working on: 

1. Feeling Your Heart Exercise

You're supposed to put your heart on your chest, breathe in, breathe out, and acknowledge what you're feeling physically and emotionally. I only did it a couple times, but I noted the words that came to mind:
Calm, Heavy, Dismayed, Displeased, and Solemn. 

2. Say "I Love You" and a Prayer Exercise

You're supposed to look in the mirror when you're by yourself and say "I Love You" and a Prayer. This didn't work out too well for me. I could say the words internally, in my head, to myself and mean the words sincerely. But I couldn't bring myself to speak the words out loud. It felt fake and not something I would do genuinely on my own. Speaking out loud to someone in front of you makes sense, but talking to yourself out loud when you're alone is illogical in my mind and doesn't come naturally to me. I just couldn't bring myself to speak the words out loud if I didn't feel it was real. 

New Exercises for Now: 

3. Self Care Exercise

Once a day, check the Self Care document and check-in with yourself. See where you are Emotionally, Physically, Spiritually, and Mentally. Then take actions to improve your current state of being. 

4. Body Scan Exercise

For 30 minutes, Breathe in, Breathe out, and Feel your way up your body starting at your feet and working your way up. Note what you feel physically and emotionally.

5. Yoga Heart Exercise

Laying down with your back elevated on a pillow, feel your heartbeat and note your physical and emotional reaction. Do this for 15 minutes. 

6. Virtue Exercise

Choose a quality or virtue you would like to improve upon. Stop 3 times a day and ask a couple questions (and take notes if you see a pattern). Also answer a specific set of questions once a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment