Thursday, December 12, 2013

Daily Bible Verse #7

"The Sovereign Lord is my strength; He makes my feet like the feet of a deer, he enables me to tread on the heights" – Habakkuk 3:19a (NIV)

I'm super stessed today and kind of irritated in general because there's a lot of little things going on right now, so I was kind of hoping that today's verse would be something assuring and comforting. Technically it is, I'm just not feeling it. 

Basically it's saying God is a source of strength you can draw from and He makes you agile and free so you can achieve greater things than you would otherwise be able to. It's a great notion, but it means nothing unless you practice it and make it a reality. It's one thing to make flourished statements like that, but unless God really is your Source that you turn to and give yourself over to, the words don't amount to much. Like someone handing you bread that you choose not to eat even though you're starving. 

No comments:

Post a Comment