Sunday, March 29, 2020

Hope for the LGTB Future

They had a hashtag going on Twitter for LGBTQuarentine. Posting LGBT selfies occurs maybe once a month on Twitter -it started maybe 2 years ago. They had trending hashtags like that work like a roll call and people -usually teens and 20 year olds -will post from all over the U.S. 

It's incredible. 


So many people that are that young owning who they are and sharing it with others in this simple way. This generation is much better off. They don't debate homophobia anymore than someone would racism. You debate whether racism is a problem you're a racist plane and simple. Same with LGBT now. 


There's this solidified solidarity. 


It also made me realize how old I am. I'm 32, but seeing pics of teens and 20 year olds doing this I'm like, "That's a teen selfie thing. I'm way too old for joining stuff like that." Some 40 or 50 year old posts in there it would confuse people. 


But I get to see and be reminded how many LGBT people are out there and how together and unalone they are. 


I also recently started following a transgender woman who recently came out to her family and is transitioning. She retweets a lot of others on the same path and it's nice to see them being affirmed by one another and others. 

No comments:

Post a Comment