Friday, July 5, 2019

Post 4th of July Reflections

It's amazing how much insight you can gain in one day. 

The main understanding that came has been: Be Kind. Be Compassionate. 

Not always the easiest thing, mostly because we get distracted from just Being rather than thinking. 

I went to my parents house dreading an argument of political upheaval -and granted it didn't help that Fox News was on the tv when I turned it on -but we made it through. 

I hate politics and the noise. 

But I will say this: It means nothing if you have neighbors of different races that your friends with. Or your nice and supportive to that one lesbian coworker. If you vote or act within a system set against people like them in the thousands and the hundreds of thousands that takes away their rights and sometimes their lives: You're no friend of theirs. 

Beyond that, I understood that I needed to let go of where other people where at in their journey of enlightened understanding and move forward. It was like a cucumber: No the greatest tasting bite in the world, but very healthy. 

Then my dad said a tornado was going to hit the area and there was a huge storm coming. I didn't believe it because that weather app had been wrong before. I also silently prayed for the rain to go away with a sense of assurity so we could see the fireworks. It was great watching the clouds drift away.


Although I'd never seen that much lightning in the clouds and it competed against the lights thrown into the sky, it wasn't much in comparison. And I understood that darkness will rain like a storm in the distance, but the good will still come through. 


No comments:

Post a Comment