Friday, January 7, 2022

Layers

 Today I'm being guided to reflect upon the concept of Layers. I think it's the answer to my question of "How do you address overlapping systems of oppression if there are so many layers locking it in like culture, religion, government, discrimination...?" 

Here are our human layers: 

1. I am an individual. I live and breathe in body moment to moment navigating my own life in the surrounding world. I hear sounds, I see things, I perceive instinctually, I feel cold and hot and soft and hard. All of this energy. I am present to it. 

2. I am connected to people. I am a part of a team or a company. I am apart of a family. I am apart of a local community. I am hear and see and speak to people in it. 

3. I am in this world. This world is the array of influences. I am in a culture and a time period based on location. I am in this country, I am aware of this "society", I am aware of the laws and the news and the norms. I am aware of other countries and world issues. I cannot divide or separate myself from this world I bleed into because it bleeds just as much into my life as an individual. 

4. I am beyond this world. I am of the spiritual side of life as a soul and bleeding beyond soul into pure energy. I am connected to and extend from and into the vast. 

We aren't just one thing, one person, one life. And yet we are ultimately one life being lived as many. And it is because of our layers that we can address the many dark layers tied up into this world. 

No comments:

Post a Comment