Thursday, June 13, 2019

Too Many Thoughts: Part 1 (My Trip to Denver Art Street & Past Dreams)

(Art by Andra Howard)

First I'll talk about the First Friday Art Walk -which is a once a month opening of art museums and galleries to the public down one particular street in Denver. 

My friend invited me to go and I know a woman who has her art featured in the Grace Gallery there so I was happy to finally get to see it. 

On my way to the street, I passed by a high school that had a garden of different plants and herbs growing in cement planters outside the building. My jealousy was profound: 


Why the heck don't schools have these more often???! 

Then I made it to the art street and the Grace Gallery was my first, and probably one of my top 2 favorite galleries visited. Note to artist that show their artwork in galleries: Next-to-no-one will actually buy your art right then and there. They're just tourists passing through. Leave either smaller items that are cheaper that feature your art or a business card with your social media/website listed. 

Was also told not to take pictures of the art in one gallery. WHY? No one on earth is going to know ANY of these artists if people don't post/talk about them. Imagine telling someone about an amazing art piece you wanted to buy, but couldn't because it was a million dollars, and how you want to follow that person to the ends of the earth on Instagram now. And your friend asks, "Well what's their name?" And you say, "I don't know, they didn't have a business card and I wasn't allowed to take pictures, so you'll just have to take my word -which doesn't include his name." 


Egotism has no place in the art world. Too many artists out there. No one knows any. Forget the ego. 

Anyways, my other 2 favorite galleries were:

1. Museo de las Americas (there was an artist that did a Mexican take on Picasso's work including Guernica, which was changed to look like Aztecs being attacked by Spaniards). 

2. A super-cool, spiritual art gallery I don't remember the name of. *Consults Google... Threyda Art & Apparel (No wonder I didn't remember the name)

Then something kind of unexpected happened. In this area of people: including gay guys holding hands, black people selling art, Hispanic people dancing to street music, cultural diversity, spiritual inclusivity... etc... a guy with a Trump MAGA Hat decides to walk on through. 

There was some shouting, mostly by one or two people. Every one else just kind of looked silently/awkwardly and was like, "Really??? Is this happening? Does he not know...?" 

It felt a little like being on the corner of Haight and Ashbury. 

At the same time there was this sense of protection. Like, everyone there was there for each other in that way. 

It was also interesting because 5 minutes before that we were all resenting each other for being there. There were wayyyyy too many people and it was crowded and hot. I disliked everyone due to proximity issues until that moment. Then we were all bonded. 

Anyways, while I was waiting for my friend to show up I sifted through my old cellphone notes (some of which I found out date back to 2016). There was some pretty profound stuff I had written -particularly with dreams that at this time are mostly happening/coming true. 

Most of these dreams are from late 2017/early 2018:

Dream #1: The Horse & The Storm I was in bed when a huge tornado/storm and I saw it out my window. Then a horse appeared in my room and rested in my bed beside me to comfort me. I then got the sense/understanding that I needed to trust the horse because I could ride it, and it was going to help me get through the storm. 

Fast-forward to this past month. There have been at least 5 instances where I've left places (relatives homes, office...) right before a bog, dark storm hit. I actually drove home the other night and watched a huge cloud stretching from Denver to the mountains crack with lightning and thunder as I drove in the sun miles away. 

And "Horse" has been coming up an insane amount. Horse represents freedom, which is something I've been asking and waiting for a lot this year. Freedom from negative thoughts, political turmoil, being overly obsessed with work, and just wanting more space and nature in general. 

When I read the dream in my notes I remembered it and it felt like I was meant to read it in that moment because I'd know what it meant whereas before I didn't. 

Dream #2: The Bottles The first part of my dream was a 6 year old little "Casanova" boy running up to grown women and flirting with them as if he was going to convince them to sleep with him. I think it represents the innocence in men being sold out when they're young to ego/lust/illusion. 

The second part of my dream was more significant. I was in a  spiritual bookstore and there were shelves with different kinds of bottles glowing on them. I was supposed to choose 2 bottles that would help determine my future fate. I was leaning towards the Bottle of Creativity, when something kind of pulled me away from that and seemed to insist I wanted the Horse/Freedom Bottle instead. Another was a bottle titled "Sisterhood" and showed sisters holding hands in a circle. 

I then bought a book and it came with a beautiful set of turquoise plates to match my kitchen. 

Unpacking all of this now: I did eventually (maybe 3 months ago) buy plates that matched the turquoise set to match my kitchen. I had a similar dream about the bottles maybe a year or so ago. 

In that dream, after looking at the bottles, I left the store with my 2 friends from work Syndey and Elaine, and a giant spider came up and chased after us and bit us and we were poisoned and then I couldn't see them. That in reality is kind of what happened. We divided. Mostly Elaine divided from me (for what I summarize as being blindly led by negative influences) and she and Sydeny hung out and kind of ditched me. So much for the "sisterhood" option. 

Creativity and Freedom on the other hand are HUGE themes, right now, this year, and this ERA. 

Go your own path, be creative, seek freedom, and whoever sticks around sticks around. 

Dream #3: I had a dream that I go a graphic design/marketing job at another place in the mornings before I went into my work at the vertical farm. I was told very specifically to put my designs on merchandise (hats, coffee mugs, sweaters...). I really liked the people there, especially an Indian woman. 

Fast-forward to now: I work Tuesday and Friday and soon Monday doing graphic design/marketing at the adventure park. I still work weekends at the vertical farm. I was told to come up with graphic designs for the park to be put on merch through Zazzle.com (they supply the items, we supply the artwork and make 12% of the profit). I also feel a great connection to Greg, the CEO who wrks in the same office and Deanna -a Hawaiin-now-Coloradan girl who's just starting out as a marketeer. 

Dream# 4: Candles I dreamed I got a rainbow collection of different colored candles. 

I don't know why a few of my dreams have candles in them. In a dream I had twice and not that long ago the candle sort of represented my internal light/soul. It's interesting. 

Again, I told God I'm an idiot and if you don't spell things out for me as clear as day I will struggle figuring stuff out on my own. 

Dream #5: Journey Through Colorado There was some sort of apocalyptic event (in the dream I don't know what it was, just that it was). Nothing natural was destroyed -mountains, nature, and many places were still in tact. It was just really deserted, vacant, and uncertain. I led a group -mostly of women -on an intuitively led journey through different places in Colorado looking for something/a place to stay. 

I then came to a big house that I had cleaned when I worked as a house cleaner and got to play around in the house and stay there for a while since the owners weren't around. They had a lot of cool stuff I liked looking at. 

Fast-forward to now: This hasn't happened or anything, but I do pass by these houses/mansions that sit high on mountain tops when I drive to the park in the mornings and I get the sense I'm meant to see them/relate to them because I'm meant to live somewhere similar at some point. Somewhere high up and "grand". 

This also ties in to 3 other, vivid dreams I've had where I have my own room in a much bigger mansion-like house with at least 2 other women living there/owning that place. It's by the ocean and there's a balcony with a view of it. 

I'm also feeling led/drawn to Texas right now. I think I might be meant to move there. I hate the premise of that -not a fan of Texas. But my aunts live there and the woman entrepreneur I've been helping out this year lives there and wants me to come down to visit and go over marketing stuff. I'm working on setting up a mini vacation visit soon. 

My first vacation I've orchestrated on my own. I feel like I'm meant to see Texas, swim in the ocean, connect with people there, and maybe be led further to move. Not sure. 

Originally when I saw the ocean from the balcony in my dreams I thought it was alluding to California and I was meant to move back there. Like maybe San Diego. 

But I also get the sense that God is leading me to pop-into spiritual epicenters. San Jose California was Mentally & Spiritually-Oriented. Low crime rate, plenty of nature around, smaller city... until it got overly populated and congested. Things went downhill. 

Then I moved near Denver in Colorado a Outdoorsy, Spiritually-Open-minded State affiliated with Health and Being Respectful. 

Now Texas, particularly Austin and the Coast, which I hear is affiliated with Christianity/Spirituality and Art.  

Watching life unfold and patterns come through is strange. 

No comments:

Post a Comment