Monday, October 22, 2012

Iterating Iterations

Iterations are Irritating. But every time I go back to update images and designs previously conceived to be good -they end up looking like crap compared to the new ones. Dangs.

Behold the evolution of the GUI:

Concept: This display would basically go in car where the radio would be and it would display audio settings, dvd settings, and temperature settings. This initial design looks like crap. It is actually a 2nd iteration. I added more color. I probably burned the original one. Thankfully...

I spoke too soon... I found the original. Oh God the font!!!

Here's Iteration #3: I added more coherent color and went with an overall "theme" of blue and red -cold v. hot.


Then they didn't like how "plain" it was and said it needed more depth. They also said they preferred the blue.


Then they said it needed to look more like a smart phone with more colorful backgrounds, transparency, and better graphics...



I thought the last one was pretty frikkin glorious. The colors are beautiful and the background is an amazing mountain shot... But they said the background was distracting and needed more gradient color and pattern design.

So now...

I think it's pretty.I think it's snazzy. Yah. I'm probably going to have to do 12 more iterations on it, but at least it's better than it was. This thing has gone through about 9 lives now. It keeps evolving through reincariteration.



No comments:

Post a Comment