Monday, October 15, 2012

Dear Future Me

As of this moment it is October 15th (2 weeks before Halloween). You are sitting at your desk at work. You're sort of bored trying to figure out what to do because 1. The work you needed to do has been done and 2. the work you haven't finished is pending because it needs other people's input.

Despite this today has been rather productive for the 3 hours you've been conscious enough to enjoy it. You updated the TM schedule. Good job. You out up 2 more "art pieces" on your gallery cubicle wall. Nicely done. You added 3 new slideshow pictures to your rotating display wallpaper screen. Like a pro. You used Google maps to tour France, Mt. Rushmore, and Lake Tahoe. (France was weird -out door toilets? Really? And why is there traffic with all the moped-scooter-bicycles? Mt. Rushmore you are too far from the road. Get closer. Tahoe... you're as classy as always :) 

Yes... today has been very productive so far.

I think I have old person tendencies. I want the text I read to be REALLY BIG. I want to go to bed early. Let's keep social gatherings short -no longer than 3 hours. I just want to stay at home, draw, and watch my favorite TV shows.

Now that I'm done complaining as old people like me are prone to do... it's time to talk about Jos.

My friend Jos is throwing on an event next year for 200 entrepreneur women. I'm her "logistical coordinator" -who had her title changed to "project manager?... something manager" because Jos wanted me to have a more legit title. So Jos and I have been meeting twice during each week after work and on Sundays from 11am-3pm. We've been planning our plans, working on promotional material, looking at possible venues, planning our budget, scheduling speakers, trying to put our website together... it's a large project for just 2 people who've never thrown on an event before.

Currently you're a little overwhelmed by work, the women's event project, and Toastmasters but you're still writing this which indicates to me that either you have crappy time management skills and are prone to procrastination or you've got you're sh*t together and aren't that worried. Considering how much you've accomplished in the last 3 hours and where you're at with your ongoing projects I'd say you're pretty on top of things. You've/I've always been good at multitasking.

Lastly I'd like to mention family relations. They were a little rocky there for a little bit... But something happened in the past week. I just let go. I didn't "try" to let go... I just let go. It's like the tension and resentment wasn't there towards my step-mom. I feel really close to both of my sisters right now and my dad and my mom + Dean. And my Aunts who've been visiting. I don't know, it's like you just embrace people without thinking or trying and they open up to you. Just relax and don't worry and it's all good.

Oh yah and by the way you're Table Topics Master in 3 weeks start writing up some questions for that meeting...

No comments:

Post a Comment