Friday, October 5, 2012

Writing Out Loud

Complain complain complain...

I don't have very many people to complain to... actually I have no one I complain to. Just the occasional Tweet/ Status Update. Other people usually come to me complaining and I try to give them the best insight/wisdom/advice that I can. They don't usually want it. Sometimes you just need to vent at the world.

I'm doing very well financially. Not exactly a great way to start a written complaint about things, but it's true. Mint.com has been helping me lately with my financial overview. I essentially have $500 to spend as I wish. Options for spending include: DVD/CD run, Retirement Fund, Rainy Day Fund. It's pretty exciting. Right now I'm not doing anything with it. Wooooo! Crazy times!!!!

Complaint #1 Stupid psychiatrist. It dawned on me this time around that my Dr. works at 3 separate locations depending on what day of the week it is. His offices are in Palo Alto, San Jose, and L.A. I needed a refill on my prescription of Sertraline (Zoloft) on Monday. He hasn't been available or responsible enough to call me back since last Friday. Today is Friday. It's been 3 days without medication and I'm starting to get dizzy and depressed. Uggghhhzzz... Why doesn't he have an assistant or a secretary? Or a cell hone number I can reach him at instead of the office line inbox???! If I go 2 more days without meds I'm essentially done for.

Complaint #2 Ehhhh... Works been stressful-ish but nothing too bad. I've been able to handle it all.

Complaint #3 I suck at complaining.

Complaint #4 Stupid Len! 30 years in Toastmasters and I send out the schedule for this week as he insistently requested and he emails me saying back, "You haven't been a good V.P. of Education so I'm not going to be Toastmaster this year given the short notice" -I was paraphrasing that... but it's basically what he was saying. I gave him as much heads up as I give anyone. Day after the meeting I send out roles for the next meeting. And last meeting I was Toastmaster because the assigned TM decided he couldn't make it on Sunday and I stepped in last minute to take the lead. You're welcome! And I put Table Topics first because Len has consistently insisted in the past that we have TT before Speeches. You're Welcome!!!

Complaint #5 I have a speech next week in Toastmasters but I'm feeling kind of uninspired to give the one I was planning on. And I may have to fill in as Toastmaster again since no one else has stepped up since Len declined his role...

Complaint #6 My sister's presence has been a lot more prominent on Facebook this past week. It's like someone coming out of the wood work after a 9 month hibernation. It's good to see her again... online.

Complaint #7 That last complaint wasn't one.

Complaint #8 I've been inspired by the valiant efforts of the Oatmeal to raise money for the Tesla Museum. 1 million dollars raised in a month. Geeks shalt inherit the earth and build monuments to other geeks upon it.


Complaint #9 Spiders. Those arachnids have been at war in my apartment this past week. Not cool.



Complaint #10 Weebly is awesome!!! I have a new website but I'm too lazy to make it up-and-running right now. It will be an ongoing effort no doubt...

Complaint #11 I have too many shows to watch and keep up on. I went from not having enough shows to watch to not being to keep up with: The Daily Show, Colbert Report, The Office, Supernatural, The Voice, ANTM, Once Upon a Time, Project Runway... wait what day is it? Holy crap it's Friday! I have to watch half of those shows that I haven't seen the new episodes of yet. I'll be busy this weekend...

Complaint #12 I haven't seen Looper yet. There are so few movies you look forward to that are a must-see. And I haven't seen this must-see yet. Irony.

Complaint #13 I don't know if 2013 is going to happen... I have a concerned paranoid feeling that 12/12/12 may be the end -especially given the numerological and Biblical relevance of the number 12... it's not looking good. I need to get baptized soon. I think like everything else in my life, I'll procrastinate about it until the last minute. But I was lying in bed the other night thinking, "If it's all leading up to an eternity of heaven, why am I putting off the only future I have to look forward to?" Stupid procrastination...

No comments:

Post a Comment