Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Rainbows + Nature

I've been drawn to Pinterest and Instagram searches lately with the focus mostly on nature -but yesterday went into rainbow-colored things.

Initially it seemed kind of random and I didn't know why I wanted to see pictures that had to do with rainbows, but it got me thinking and I realized a couple things. 

#1 I tend to evade the colors red, orange, and yellow -which happen to be affiliated with movement and activity. I like the colors blue, purple, and green which are more affiliated with reflection and healing. Part of the problem I'm having right now is Immobility and not really experiencing much change or action. By taking in these colors affiliated with vibrancy and action -even if it's by taking them in via the rainbow -it helps gain the benefits of seeing those colors. 

#2 I like rainbow colored things. It's pretty beautiful to see all the forms, artistry, nature, and designs that incorporate all these colors as a spectrum. It seems kind of therapeutic for some reason. 

#3 I've come to the realization that there is something profoundly spiritual about all of the colors being represented. For Eastern religions it can refer to chakras. For Christians and other groups the rainbow is seen as a symbol of God's unity with people. It tends to come up in faith. 

So here you go, the "Greatest Hits" of rainbow-related things: 












No comments:

Post a Comment