Thursday, September 18, 2014

Union with God



“Christ has no body but yours,

No hands, no feet on earth but yours,

Yours are the eyes with which He looks

Compassion on this world,

Yours are the feet with which He walks to do good,

Yours are the hands, with which He blesses all the world.

Yours are the hands, yours are the feet,

Yours are the eyes, you are His body.

Christ has no body now but yours,

No hands, no feet on earth but yours,

Yours are the eyes with which He looks

compassion on this world.

Christ has no body now on earth but yours.”

— Saint Teresa of Ávila


My Thoughts:


LOVE the MESSAGE. God does things through people and the more you give yourself over to that and the less you resist it the more HE will be able to do through YOU. This is truth. 


Unfortunately it is also ingrained in us that we should never be Empty Mindless Puppets Someone Else Controls. The mistake we make is thinking this is what will occur if we saddle up with Jesus in this way. In reality, YOU are behind the wheel -Jesus DOES NOT take it from you. You are LED by the Divine up until a certain point and then it’s just YOU doing what God has shown and empowered YOU to do. 


There is a quiet that then comes and you check in with God less and less frequently because more and more you are ON THE SAME PAGE as Him. This takes a LONG TIME, but eventually you can get to that point. The point where: “Nothing more needs to be said between God and I. I realize He has been with me this whole time. 

Whenever I wonder about the future and ask, He shows me, and I realize I REALLY didn’t want to know. So I stop asking about the future. I leave it in His hands. Whenever I doubt myself I seek Him, but then realize He looks right back at me –knowing fully well that I am the answer to my own doubts about myself. He has made me Amethyst (Mighty In His Hands). So I no longer seek Him for Validation. 

Then it comes. The point where I do not seek Him, but am instead With HIM from time to time in LOVE. I send Him my love. Even if I don’t feel it I know I receive LOVE back. It is done. We are UNION.

No comments:

Post a Comment