Friday, May 2, 2014

DBV 5-2-14

"In the same way, count yourselves dead to sin but alive to God in Christ Jesus." – Romans 6:11 (NIV)

Thoughts: This is interesting since I was just thinking: It's good that the world has bad in it. The negative aspects of the world make us hold tighter to the good and try to bring about more good and strive to maintain good. It also forces us to make peace with hard parts of life out of necessity. And then the good itself is always nice to enjoy. 

I also find that when I'm closer/more connected to God "sin" doesn't really effect me. It's weird because you mentally tell yourself it will, but there's a deep lack of interest in it and lack of influence from it when you're close to God. 

I also came up with this phrase that hit me this morning at around 5am: "Live by the soul, die by the soul." I thought it was clever because it took the phrase "live by the sword" -which is a well known warning that violence begets violence - and turned it into a phrase that implies: You Are Born and Die a Soul so You Should Live as One. 

No comments:

Post a Comment