Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Passive Effective

Someone came up with that phrase and I like it. It's like "passive aggressive", but it means that being passive will effectively accomplish things. In other words: occasionally patience pays off.

Tuesday night I went to a "2014 Goals" kind of event. My 2014 goals have slowly been evolving out of the muck of me being lazy and not wanting to make any to starting to see them clearly because so many people keep bringing them up. 

What do I want to achieve?

On docket right now:

-Begin a regular workout routine to gain better physical presence
-Finally get a hold on and better management of PHB
-Really start to contribute more at work and act freely upon creative ideas
- Gain more spiritual connection (with God and my own soul)
-Connect more deeply with a friend or two 
-Actually work on artwork, which I've been neglecting for a while

Yah. And then as far as "Goals of Being" are concerned:

-Clear, Self-Assured, Spiritual, Confident, At Peace, Understanding

And in the process of figuring out these goals, something else also occurred to me: 2 Patterns emerge in the process of goal setting. 

Pattern 1: Things that inspire you to act (aka your passion in life)
Pattern 2: Things that prevent you from acting (hinder you from your passion)

For me, Pattern 1 is as follows: 

-I am confused by something I don't understand
-I learn and discover a greater enlightenment of a subject/lesson
-I then feel compelled to simplify and explain beautifully this new subject/lesson I want others to know because it matters to me
- From this state I become impassioned

Pattern 2: 

-I am inspired and passionate about what I'm doing
-I try to implement my new plans and ideas 
-Time passes and not much changes or people don't care/notice
-Changes either do occur or they don't
-I feel my time is wasted and I'm getting nowhere
-I become dispassionate about the subject/lesson/idea and become bored and uninterested

I've also noticed "signifiers" or ways to recognize when Pattern 1 (Passionate Motivation and Inspiration) is occurring and when Pattern 2 (Disheartened Decline in Interest) is occurring. 
 
During Pattern 1: I do a lotttttt of research on the subject and begin either making tables, images, or files without being asked by anyone to do so. 

During Pattern 2: I get tired, make excuses, day dream a lot, avoid people/situations, and feel a lack of energy in general. I am bored and stressed.

Noting these 2 patterns and how to tell when they are coming up in life is important to seeing what moves you forward in life and what halts you. It's easier to create goals when you know what it is in life that really brings you alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment