Monday, January 27, 2014

My Alotted Time

Well I officially am back on typical "time standards of measurement" now. I hate it. 


I actually have to schedule time for myself on my own calendar of life!!!

My Aunt Debbie is coming down from Oregon this weekend. She rarely makes these travels down. Last time I saw her was at Christmas (and that was for the first time in 5 years). So when my mom told me she was coming down, I had to tell her "I have to check my schedule" to see if I could make it to Oakdale. And wouldn't you know it -I can't!

If it's not CCPY, it's planning sessions and events for Promote Her Business. AND there's Toastmasters meetings that are also supposed to be occurring monthly so the officer team I'm on knows what goals it's trying to hit. I got so pissed this passed week though. After coming back from camp (sick with a runny nose) I had to go after work to one meeting after another meeting to a Toastmaster Training to more meetings... Then Friday and Saturday afternoon was booked. The one highlight was visiting with my friend Alex at Red Lobster before the 2-6pm (turned 7:30pm) strategy session for PHB. Then Sunday I planned on sleeping in and doing laundry/house work -but instead got signed up for another strategy session from 12 noon -4pm.

This ENTIRE week is book. 7:30am-4:00pm I have my actual Job. Then from 4:30-7pm I have numerous engagements going on. I get NO DAY out of this ENTIRE WEEK including the WEEKEND for myself. I don't mind giving up time for these projects as long as they're productive, but the past 3 days the PHB ones haven't really been. Mondays and Sundays are officially booked as "Josdays" from now on.

PHB has evolved numerous times over:

Beginning of 2013: Initially the goal was to focus on/launch a mentoring program for up-and-coming women entrepreneurs being paired with seasoned women in business. The mentoring program would then gain a community/group/following by having various ongoing events.

Spring 2013: PHB focused on signing people up for various committees and making the "events" more of a "chapter" mentality while research was done for the mentoring program which we realized was not ready to launch. 

Summer 2013: BIG events should be done every other month and smaller events done twice a month. Planning for 2014 begins... Template everything so we can copy/paste it next year! 

Fall 2013: We need to make PHB a Chapter and then launch multiple chapters throughout California and eventually the U.S.A. and then the world at large. We need official officer roles and comittee positions established. Template a Chapter Leadership Guide so people can start these chapters and follow procedure.

Winter 2013: Need to start planning the launch of the mentoring program in early 2014. All the research done amounts to a few nice guidelines to take into consideration, but it's just going to be a "we'll see as we go" kind of plan from here on out. We also plan to launch official Chapter Membership in Summer of 2014. 

Beginning of 2014: The distinction between "PHQ" and San Jose Chapter needs to be made. Where does one begin and the other end? PHQ now consists of: 
-Jos the CEO for PHQ and current Chapter President
-Jessica (me) who is now Chief Operating Officer for PHQ = Logistics and Implementation Manager/ Advisor for the Marketing Division of the Chapter/ Advisor to the Favorite Cause Division of the Chapter/ Current Chapter Treasurer, 
-Leslie = Strategic Communications for PHQ/Current Chapter Membership Director/ Advisor to Speaking Events Division
-Hollman = Chief "Title I can't remember that involves coordinating events and strategizing" for PHQ/ Current Chapter Membership Director (with Leslie)/ Advisor to Healthy-HER Division

The Chapter itself now consists of : 
-2 Ment-HERing coordinators
-1 smaller meetings coordinator 
-a lot of potential Marketing Division members
-1 Favorite Cause Division member
-3 or 4 Healthy-HER Division members
-a bunch of other roles that have yet to be defined/filled

And now the plan for the nature of the Chapters themselves have started to change. We are also planning to launch a virtual training program next year. We are also still working on templating EVERYTHING. Making templates is easy for me, but for Jos it's one of the hardest things on the planet to do. Jos is not an Excel/Word/ Typing in Data -kind of person. I love data entry. It's one of the reasons we succeeded working together this long. Unfortunately we're now planning things with Leslie and Hollman -who are great visionaries/brain-stormers/planners -but also aren't the greatest at templating/data entry (at least when we get together as a group of 4). Which is why our Fantastic 4 Session Friday and Saturday then added Sunday. In our attempt to complete a "Business Plan for the Next 2 Years" we completed 2 pages and went off on a tangent of about 5 pages worth of side notes, new ideas, and action items.

I just want it all done. I want all the events templated and put in a booklet. I want the Favorite Cause Division to carry on its own and raise funds for the 2 non-profits we chose this year. I'd say that I want the Marketing Division to carry on its own but I'm still not quite sure what their specific duties and responsibilities are. I'm still going to be the graphic designer/social media implementer for PHQ for a while and it's still hard to see where PHQ and the Chapter separate on the Internet.

No comments:

Post a Comment