Thursday, January 2, 2014

Mom's Posts

I was kind of pissed at my mom over Christmas -in part because of the whole "Yogi" thing and how she looked at me like "Really?..." when my sister and I went to go out and save him -but also because of this situation which occurred on Facebook. To fully grasp why I was so disappointed by what happened, I'm going to preface it with other posts my mom has made recently as well...

December 19th my mom posts the words "True" under this image:

Later that same day she also posted "I Agree" under this image:


December 20th (the next day) she posts:

"FOR ANYBODY IN THE AREA: THERE IS A PANHANDLER STANDING ON THE SIDEWALK HOLDING A SIGN SAYING "HOMELESS" AND PEOPLE ARE GIVING HIM MONEY AND FOOD...THE POLICE CAME OUT TO TALK TO HIM AND THEN LEFT HIM THERE TO KEEP DOING IT? WTF???? THE JUNIOR HIGH KIDS ARE AFRAID OF HIM AND GO DIFFERENT WAYS TO GET AROUND HIM CAUSE HE IS ON THE SIDEWALK WITH HIS BAG OF CLOTHES AND THEIR SCARED. AND THATS OK??? IF YOU THINK THIS IS WRONG PLEASE CALL THE NON-EMERGENCY AND TELL THE POLICE. I'M OUTRAGED!
HE'S A YOUNG MAN WITH NO PHYSICAL PROBLEMS...GET A JOB!!!"
I post in response:
"Wow. Mom, it's the holidays and everything. You really want people to be hating on a homeless person? You don't know his story -give him the benefit of the doubt."


Mom responds:
"His story is probably like all the others who have a very nice home a brand new car and all they have to do is stand in a busy exit and put the hundreds of dollars we've watched him make in a little over 2 hours. He just appeared, he didn't walk over from anywhere..his car's probably parked in the parking lot. He exploiting the kindness of others and it pisses me off. the junior high kids couldnt use the sidewalk because he scared them and then as soon as they passed him they took off running. AND thats ok????"

Me:
"What did he do to scare the junior high kids other than just stand there? And you don't know his story so you can't confirm either way. Which is better: To assume he has a home and judge him harshly or to assume he doesn't have one and treat him compassionately? The police not being concerned about him would lead me to believe he's probably not as harmful as you think."
Mom:
"well, he is a pro at this. one of my clients came in outraged. she was standing nearby and he told the cops he isn't exactly"asking for money" he "Technically" is just holding a sign. and he's standing on the sidewalk which is public property. Only a pro would know how to get around the law. The children have been raised by parents that its probably not a good idea to be near such a person who has their clothes and garbage bags at his feet holding a sign. he could be on drugs or be a pedophile."


Mom's friend Deb:
"It sounds to me as though you are assuming a lot of stuff about this guy without actually knowing the truth. He could be actually homeless which in that case is really sad. There are thousands of homeless right now because of the economy. If a parent teaches their child to be scared of a person who has their clothes in garbage bags around their feet, I would say that is sad also. We really shouldn't label people unless we know the complete truth and even then it's not right. It is not up to us to put labels on people. It is Christmas the season to be kind and giving."
Mom:
"True Deb, but when he walks over to his shiny white late model Chevy pickup and puts stuff in it I think, hmmm thats newer than mine and I work all day legitimately. I wouldn't say anything if he were truly homeless."
Me (I post this image):
Later that same day mom posts:
AN UPDATE ON MY EARLIER POST ABOUT THE PANHANDLER..I WAS CORRECT, WHEN IT GOT COLD AND DINNER TIME HE PUT ALL HIS BAGS IN HIS LATE MODEL WHITE PICKUP (NEWER THAN MINE) AND DROVE OFF. CAME BACK 1/2 HR LATER UNLOADED HIS STUFF INTO A CART AND ACTED HOMELESS AGAIN TAKING ADVANTAGE OF GOOD PEOPLE AND THE HOLIDAYS TO CASH IN. IF YOU WANT TO HELP DONATE TO A CHARITY, HOMELESS SHELTER..DON'T GIVE THEM MONEY!!!!
I love it when Karma is served up nice and hot! Someone got their's today! Whats the phrase used for this one...hmmm. Oh ya! Doing the happy dance...God is good, I am truly blessed!!!
December 23rd my mom posts:
The scourge (Professional panhandler) is back again. Beware. (Posted a photo of him)
he stands on the sidewalk (which is public) and holds a sign that says "homeless" which he's not. He has a white pickup in the CVS parking lot. The cops are trying to get him to leave.
Getting exciting, he took off running and the police were watching him and just raced behind CVS to get him!!! I knew he was no good!!!
Later that same day she posts:
December 25th. My mom posts this after seeing a house that she rents out that the tenants recently left:
"It never ceases to amaze me what absolute PIGS people can be! The only downside to owning rentals. When a tenant moves out and leaves GARBAGE, blood, burns A SHITTY CHICKEN COOP! Fence boards that need repair, torn carpet, broken stove from a fire...i wonder how this leaves an impression on her teenage/adult children...that its OK????? Wow what a parent she must be????!!! If its any indication of how she left the house I would say a SHITTY one! I rented homes till i bought one and NEVER did i not get my deposit back. My children know the difference from right and wrong. I feel sorry to the new landlord that didn't do a background check. Well hello KARMA! You will get yours 10 fold and I can't wait."
The tenant and my mom used to be friends and I'm still friend's with her daughter so this is awkward... Mom then texted me complaining about the way they left the house. They had 3 cats, a dog, and some chickens so it's kind of expected in my book. Animals are messy.
December 27th mom posts:
"Oh, boy does this fit someone i used to know!"

Later that same day she posted:

I don't know it just bugs me that she can be so disrespectful to people. It also bothers me the way she brings religion, God, and karma into the situation and uses these things to condemn others. I wondered why she has been acting this way recently and I found out that she's nearing the end of her "Jesus Calling" book which basically paraphrases different parts of the Bible. So for Christmas I got her a book of Poems from the Bible featuring things Jesus said. I figure if anyone's going to change my mom for the better it's God so I leave her in His hands. She was doing better there for a little bit. Less wine, less beer, less gossip, less negativity... now everything's gone down hill again.
I think when you're unhappy and dissatisfied with life everything displeases you -especially the lives of those around you. If you're content with your own life and happy with what you have, there's less reason for you to be irritable and constantly complaining about other people. I just want mom to be happy so she can stop making other people less happy. 

1/6/14 Mom just posted this: 

"Damn Straight!" above this image:

Me: What?...

Mom: what do you mean, what? we the people have the right if we have the constitution on our side to oust the idiot that is trying to do away with our inalienable rights!

Me: That's one of the most ignorant posts I've ever seen. And it was posted intentionally by Native American-related site to show that. The quote is basically saying: "If the native people of the land we've invaded don't agree with the society we're forming let's literally kill them because it's what God would want us to do."

Mom: It applies in 2013 to current situation. I see the word "he" Not "a people"

Me: The "he" in the quote is referring to "the savage" -aka the Native American.

Me: Looked Andrew Johnson up on Wikipedia. He became president after Lincoln was assassinated and was the 1st president to be impeached. He was also against African Americans having the right to vote and is now considered to be one of the worst presidents in American history.

No comments:

Post a Comment